3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender 2.82 Applink

It's working pretty good, now, on my end. Windows 4.9.34 and with the new Blender Applink IO (placed in the Blender install directory > Scripts >Addons) replacing the old one.

Here is the latest version. There has been complete redesign in code so there might be some bugs but's lets fix the one by one together :)

io_coat3D.zip

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, haikalle said:

Here is the latest version. There has been complete redesign in code so there might be some bugs but's lets fix the one by one together :)

io_coat3D.zip

If we start from 3DCoat, I no longer see the GET BACK button? What happened to it?

I restarted my computer and both apps and the last zip file you provided is completely broken and unusable, for some reason.

There has been some bad bugs/issues in the latest applink. These issues are fixed in next 3d-coat release. Should be released soon. GetBack button is taken away. You don't need that anymore :)

Edited by haikalle

4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

There has been some bad bugs/issues in the latest applink. These issues are fixed in next 3d-coat release. Should be released soon. GetBack button is taken away. You don't need that anymore :)

Even if you start in 3DCoat? If I model and texture something in 3DCoat from scratch, and want to render it in Evee or Cycles, how would I get that in, without an IMPORT or GETBACK button?

12 hours ago, haikalle said:

it just works :) just wait for the release.

Is that the 4.9.35 build or one after that?

Am I doing it right?

OK, so I've installed 3DCoat on a windows machine and also Blender (2.82a and latest 2.83 beta with separate config folders for each one.)

Then I placed the contents of io_coat3D.zip posted above in the Blender\2.8x\scripts\addons

Then launched Blender (repeated the process for each version) and I can't seem to find the 3DCoat applink in the addons part of the preferences to activate it afterwards. So no applink.

I then removed the Blender configs and tried to install the zip file from the Preferences->Add-ons->Install... option. Same result.

Any pointers about the right procedure to run it, or install it? It's been a while since I used 3DCoat in Windows, so I might be a tad off the loop.

Thanks for your time.

Hey Haikale! Thank you for your awesome work! Is there a working link with the latest version of the addon? Looking forward  to testing it :)

EDIT: I downloaded the most recent link here, but missing the "Get Back" (?) button and the mesh does not update in blender after the 3dcoat export. I do not think I messed something up with the installation.

Edited by nameless_one

50 minutes ago, nameless_one said:

Hey Haikale! Thank you for your awesome work! Is there a working link with the latest version of the addon? Looking forward  to testing it :)

EDIT: I downloaded the most recent link here, but missing the "Get Back" (?) button and the mesh does not update in blender after the 3dcoat export. I do not think I messed something up with the installation.

Hi! First make sure that you have at least 4.9.36 version of 3d-coat. "Get Back" button is taken away. The goal is to make this addon as automatic it could be so this is a part of that process.

Edited by haikalle

1 hour ago, haikalle said:

Hi! First make sure that you have at least 4.9.36 version of 3d-coat. "Get Back" button is taken away. The goal is to make this addon as automatic it could be so this is a part of that process.

Thank you so much for answering:) I will give it a shot with coat v. 4.9.37

Is 4.9.34 the most recent addon version? 

I appreciate your work very much! This tool is amazing :)

EDIT: I think that the source of my problems was using the Roaming blender path for the addon. It seems to work as expected after I started using the blender.exe adjacent addons folder. My only issue now is that when the exported shader contains a displacement map, object turns black in Cycles. 

Edited by nameless_one
new data

I just had to return and report that everything works for me now, with the latest version of the addon 3dcoat 4.9.37 and blender 2.83. Even displacement node is created correctly and functioning. I have no idea what was causing my previous issues other than possibly having the addon on Roaming, instead of the blender install path.

Many thanks!

Edited by nameless_one
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, haikalle said:

io_coat3D.zip

I didn't update to this version yet. But ran into a problem moving a model (a lot of applied modifiers) from Blender to 3D coat and there were quads torn and missing. Does the new update correct that problem?

15 hours ago, EvilMP said:

I didn't update to this version yet. But ran into a problem moving a model (a lot of applied modifiers) from Blender to 3D coat and there were quads torn and missing. Does the new update correct that problem?

Is it maybe possible to send a scene I could test?

Haikalle,

I tried both ways with the model's modifiers not applied and with them applied and close to the same result. It seems like it does not like Boolean difference models. I used a mod called Fluent Power Trip to make the Boolean difference and then cleaned the model for any potential vertex screw ups. Even manually doing it the long way same behavior. 

boolean test model.blend

How applink and 3D coat see the boolean model.png

Boolean model with modifiers applied.png