3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender 2.83 Applink

Oh I see. I will fix this soon. If you want to fix manually right now please delete \Documents\3DC2Blender\Exchange_folder.txt. Then open blender and before pressing send button, please set your custom exchange folder into applink settings. But I think I can provide quick fix for this.

OK, so I edited my previous post because I tried what you just kindly answered before having a chance to read it.

If you still need the Blender's System Console output that I deleted from the original post I can post it back.

Thanks again, haikalle.

Question @Allabulle Did you used old applink (Where is only send button) I fould out that if you used old applink then switch to updated applink. This error occurs. If you didn't used older applink then I'm not quite sure yet what's the root of this issue.

Nope, @haikalle I just use the one that comes with Blender, with the GetBack button.

It states in Preferences>Add-ons that the version number of the Applink is 4.9.34. I seem to remember, though, that the version number wasn't changed so it may not be that useful. I post it here just in case.

I may have used some older applink before, also with older builds of Blender and 3D Coat. It could have left some settings saved in the exchange directory. Could that be the issue? Once cleaned the folder, as stated in a post before, it works fine.

I still think that documenting this potential issue and the super easy fix could be quite handy going forward. It may not be that uncommon to go back and forth with different builds of either software. More so being all Beta. Just a thought.

Edited by Allabulle
  • Thanks 1

@Allabulle

One more question. Did this issue occured when you changed blender version. Or did you use all the time only one version and this just started to happen with no warning? 

@haikalle

I did use the applink in previous versions of Blender and 3D Coat.

There might have been leftovers from previous usage in the exchange folder that caused the issue. Once cleared, it all went swell.

Thanks for your feedback. I will users let know that this could happen and easy fix for it too.