3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Mostly I import only textures also but there is some situation where you want to update mesh too. For example when you use tweak room.

Blender applink dosen't automaticly update your mesh. Only if you have checked export mesh option in 3d-coat.

Edited by haikalle

• 1 month later...
  • Applink Developer

Small update for Blender applink. Extra settings panel (2) is added. There users can modify applink settings as they wish. But the applink is also working if users don't want to use 
advanced settings. Using only the main panel (1) is just fine too. I think this way we could make both users happy, those who just want basic applink and those who want more settings to play with.

window.thumb.png.029c4d6f20fb6b39c9dd83b95725b487.png 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

apparently, it doesn't work on the current build of blender 2.8 - Oct 28 2018 01:03:49 or maybe only me? blender-2.80-3bc8bc0709a-win64.zip

and if I tried to paint then follow the instruction no paint is seen on my object which is kinda frustrating. look at the screenshot. please let these work I don't want to give up the painting feature of 3d-coat or if its still not working on me then I will need to decide to just stick to Substance Painter as my primary texture tool, 3dcoat will played as uveditin and retopology nothing else.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

• Applink Developer

Hi royor and thanks for testing the applink.

I see where is the error. Right now the applink works if you use default export preset. You are using blender cycles preset and logically it should work there too but it dosen't at the moment.
Funny thing is that when you have selected one preset you can't select default preset anymore which is odd. You have to delete 3d-coat folder from your documents folder if you want to make applink to work again. 
But I will make this work with blender preset and I think this is quite fast to do so I hope that maybe today or tomorrow I have updated the script to work with blender preset.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer

Thanks for testing.  There was some issues with 3dc->blender workflow and I have send the fixes into blender2.8 code. Build after Nov 8 2018 01:30:04 will include these fixes. 
Other thing I see from your screenshot is that you have exported .obj file. For now use only fbx file. I will add obj support at some point but in testing phase fbx support only. 
But thanks again for support and please let me know if there is other issues coming on your way.

Edited by haikalle

• Applink Developer

shot1.thumb.jpg.bb534a98954afcf782727ec5c765a0a7.jpgshot2.thumb.jpg.397983f1bb851fcf5583cecddc2a2ca5.jpg

There is something else than gamma. If I export color texture using default Export presets everything is okey, but if I change it into Blender/Cycles preset 3d-coat creates bad color texture.  Other thing that I would like to fix is that when
I change preset. I'm not able select default preset anymore. I like simple setup of default preset but to get it back I have to delete my 3d-coat folder from documents. 

Edited by haikalle

After exporting from 3 D Coat to Blender, the texture is no longer similar to metal, you need to rebuild the entire system of nodes and textures that are exported from 3 D Coat can only be used to customize the nodes in Blender to recreate the likeness of metal. If you take your advice, the texture is exported light but it still doesn't look like the visual point with the image in 3 D Coat. Perhaps the reason is different shaders, shaders in 3 D Coat and Blender are very different, also in the texture of the environment and mastering. Ideally, it would be if the export occurred with minimal changes in visual perception.

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, haikalle said:

Did some more testing and it seams that right diffuse map is created only if you have default preset. If you select another preset then diffuse map is wrong. Hope Andrew could take look at this.

Make sure to send him a message (support@3dcoat.com) about it, as he doesn't frequent this forum that much and may not see it.

• Like 1

• Applink Developer
3 hours ago, Alex_Velger said:

After exporting from 3 D Coat to Blender, the texture is no longer similar to metal, you need to rebuild the entire system of nodes and textures that are exported from 3 D Coat can only be used to customize the nodes in Blender to recreate the likeness of metal. If you take your advice, the texture is exported light but it still doesn't look like the visual point with the image in 3 D Coat. Perhaps the reason is different shaders, shaders in 3 D Coat and Blender are very different, also in the texture of the environment and mastering. Ideally, it would be if the export occurred with minimal changes in visual perception.

Hi! I did some testing and I used default preset for now because there is issues if you use any other preset. But my tests I have done, the likeness is quite good in my mind.

testing1.thumb.jpg.de61bccfa613864f338a8cfa871665ec.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Applink Developer

Thanks for you both it's very useful feedback.

CristophLE: I will take a look what's happening...

Alex_Velger: First thing is that remember to check "Treat material as separate textures" . I will take a look your blend file right now and see if there is something else odd.

shot3.thumb.png.3e6bce927194d89ec2f08f84a5de7afe.png

27 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Благодаря вам и это очень полезно обратной связи.

CristophLE: Я буду смотреть, что происходит ...

Alex_Velger: Первое, что не забудьте проверить «Treat материал в виде отдельных текстур». Я буду смотреть файл смешивания прямо сейчас и посмотреть, если есть что-то еще странно.

shot3.thumb.png.3e6bce927194d89ec2f08f84a5de7afe.png

Screenshot_3.jpg

• Applink Developer

Alex: Could you please and download the rar file and reaplace io_coat3d folder from blender2.8/2.80/scripts/addons. This version should fixes the problems you have.

ChristophLE: There seams to be some kind of problem when applink tríes to read texture list from texture.txt. Could help me that you could show what is inside of your texture.txt
(founded Documents/3d-coat/Exchange folder) So after you have done "Open in Original App" show what you textures.txt looks like.

io_coat3D.rar

Edited by haikalle
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink