3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer
37 minutes ago, z01ks said:

Does anybody know if there's a way to export multiple vertex color layers from 3D Coat to Blender?

At the moment you can only export only one vertex color. This would be nice feature request.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor
7 hours ago, haikalle said:

Thanks for reports guys. This coming weekend I will try to update applink to work again with the latest blender version. 

Ok....after almost a full day trying to diagnose the problem to the extent I can (trying to find a workaround/solution), I realized that the EXPORT CONSTRUCTOR was the culprit...probably something got broken in the constructor after the 3DCoat refactoring (build 4.9.06 and newer), because it worked with earlier builds, as evidenced in the Applink video months ago.

WITHOUT checking Export Constructor, it works with Blender 2.80, 2.81, and 2.82  

• Like 1

• Contributor
48 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Ok....after almost a full day trying to diagnose the problem to the extent I can (trying to find a workaround/solution), I realized that the EXPORT CONSTRUCTOR was the culprit...probably something got broken in the constructor after the 3DCoat refactoring (build 4.9.06 and newer), because it worked with earlier builds, as evidenced in the Applink video months ago.

WITHOUT checking Export Constructor, it works with Blender 2.80, 2.81, and 2.82

Thank you so much for your research!

Unfortunately, when you have code changes in a program, there is often mismatch within the program itself and in linking other external programs.
So the routine / group of code lines of a function starts to work differently and what worked before ... now works to some extent or not.
I hope developers can see this problem and fix it because the workflow between 3D-Coat and Blender is so important!
I emailed 3D-Coat support about this ... ;) 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Nothing happens from blender to 3d coat. No "export to" option in menu of 3d coat. Blender exports the model as .fbx into my "3DC2Blender" folder but no result in 3dcoat. Blender finds my exchange folder .../3D-Coat/V4/Exchange. 

Using 3DCoat 4.8.23

Blender 2.81a

linux ubuntu 19.10

• Reputable Contributor
On 1/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, ebitz said:

Nothing happens from blender to 3d coat. No "export to" option in menu of 3d coat. Blender exports the model as .fbx into my "3DC2Blender" folder but no result in 3dcoat. Blender finds my exchange folder .../3D-Coat/V4/Exchange. 

Using 3DCoat 4.8.23

Blender 2.81a

linux ubuntu 19.10

Try the MyDocs/Applinks/Exchange folder. I had a similar issue with there being no EXPORT TO folder, after I deleted the BLENDER folder from that path. I is supposed to create a new one when you send a model to or from Blender/3DCoat.

What I did was uncheck the applink in the Blender Preferences panel > rechecked it and saved configuration. It seemed to restore the EXPORT TO function.

• Advanced Member

Thanks AbnRanger. I had a bunch of folders for 3DCoat for older versions, as well as a seperate applink folder. I deleted them all and restarted. 3DCoat created a 3D-CoatV48 folder only. From Blender I entered the new file path to exchange folder in 3D-CoatV48 folder. In Blender I exported a obj using the addon and  for linux it created a 3DC2Blender folder. Anyway, things seem to be working. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I too am having trouble getting this working. I can get it to work with 2.8 , but not 2.82. The folder options are different, and I'm unclear

of where they should be pointing to, exactly. Getting a python error about an unknown location. I tried using the same folder that works in 2.8. 

I tried leaving the folders blank, and it does fill in the "exchange folder" with a path to C:\Users\Brian\Documents\Applinks\3D-Coat\Exchange,

but leaves the "object/texture folder" blank, and I get the unknown location python error. Any help appreciated on the proper set up of this for

thanks much

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Applink Developer
45 minutes ago, platyros said:

812580278_Screenshot2020-03-21at15_49_52.png.3741f76073e8b128f46ba7e362e70a4f.png

Hi,

I can't get this addon to work. When I try to get painted model from 3D Coat, I will get this error: What should I do? 

I'm on it. Could you tell what 3d-coat you are using.

• Applink Developer
1 hour ago, platyros said:

Thank you! Version is 3DCoat-4.9.02 

I downloaded Blender 2.80 and that also didn't work. You can sent models to 3DCoat but can't get them back to Blender. 

Are you able to share the blender scene?

21 hours ago, haikalle said:

Are you able to share the blender scene?

Here is blend file: 

3DCoat_Blender_Applink.blend

I actually noticed that I have 4 different applink folders? They all sound like they all belong to this Blender – 3DCoat workflow?

I also tried to change Exchange folder in Blender (scene tab) and export different locations from 3DCoat but anything didn't seem to work. I can sent models from Blender to 3DCoat, but can't get them back to Blender after texture paint. 

I have these folders under user: 

• 3D-CoatV4 > Exchange
  • 3D-CoatV49 > Exchange
  • 3DC2Blender > ApplinkObjects 
  • Applinks > 3D-Coat > Exhange 

• Applink Developer

Those folders are created by 3d-coat and applink should work without issue with those folders. Could you test this version. I did some improments for applink.

io_coat3D.zip

Now uvmap option should also work but it only supports objects that uvmaps shares the same uv area.

Edited by haikalle

• Applink Developer

I try to improve workflow when user wants to use uvmaps instead creating textures for each material. The problem I'm facing at the moment is this. Let's create two sphere into blender. uvmap for both are created automaticly and named uvSet. Now I want to take those two objects into 3d-coat and do some painting. After importing I can see that objects uvsets are merged into same map. Is this wanted behaviour. For me I would like to keep them in separate uvmaps both I agree that there is situations where you want to merge them. Is it maybe good idea to add checkbox to "merge same name uvsets together". Also I have been thinking is there a way to applink automaticly detect which maps should be merged and which should be kept separated but this maybe could be impossible mission, dont' know for sure thou.

Now Blender seems to update model (new _Suzanne shows up) back to Blender when I push "Open in Orginal App" in 3D Coat, but there is no materials with it (models is all white).

And if I then push "GetBack" button in Blenders, comes this error:

478309124_Screenshot2020-03-25at8_20_45.png.82f8202c94f294514dcf64eb5af03149.png

I appreciate your hard a lot work. :)

I saw that 3D Coat is on sale but this is main thing to get work before I would buy this application. I don't know that will linking work better with new version (I'm still using 3DCoat-4.9.02 )?

• Applink Developer

Yes . Make sure that you the latest 4.9.34 version. Andrew did some improments into applink in these latest updates. 

Ok. I can see that your MAC user. I think that there is some folder path issue but I hope we can solve them.

Error is that applink dosen't find /Applications/Blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.82/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json. Applink is trying to find 3d-coat applink folder from there (io_coat3d). Could you please check if that path is correct and if not tell where is your blender path located and also that io_coat3d folder path.

Thanks for you feedback and help.

• Advanced Member
On 10/8/2010 at 2:59 PM, haikalle said:
  1. Select objects you want to take into 3d-coat.
  2. On right side of 3D View there is '3D-Coat Applink' panel. 
  3. Press Transfer and go to 3D-Coat. (You can also find these options when you press 'SHIFT + Q' key in 3D view.)
  4. Turn on 'Treat material as separate textures'. After you are okey with other settings press 'Ok' button
  5. After you are done with painting go to File -> Open in Original App. 
  6. Select what texture you want to export. When you done your other settings press Ok.
  7. Go back to Blender and press 'Update' Button.

1. Select objects you want to take into 3d-coat.
  2. On right side of 3D View there is '3D-Coat Applink' panel. 
  3. Press Transfer and go to 3D-Coat. (You can also find these options when you press 'SHIFT + Q' key in 3D view.)
  4. Turn on 'Treat material as separate textures'. After you are okey with other settings press 'Ok' button
  5. After you are done with painting go to File -> Open in Original App. 
  6. Select what texture you want to export. When you done your other settings press Ok.
  7. Go back to Blender and press 'Update' Button.

diffuse.JPG

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink