3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Dont worry. TEST build was only for testing purpose and not something that would possible to  go  into official release.

This is interesting. Other user user is seeing TEST and other is not. And it uses same blender python commands. hmmm...

Edited by haikalle

• Applink Developer
1 hour ago, tokikake said:

e when I update 3d coat, (exchange your offered version zip)

Usually add on can up-date without rre-start blender,  I only need toactivate new installed one. (and blender 2.9 offer, up-date script, basically it work , if I keep activate and edit scritp.

but some case I needed to shut down and run blender again about this add on to up-date version. (if I exchange new version)

or it usually show erroer , which could not find exchange folder (I already set it )

then if I see the up-date problem, I usually shut-down and run blender again, after that this plug in work without problem. 

Does this only happen when you change blender apps. Or does this happen also with same blender.exe, if yes then this needs quick fixing indeed.

Edited by haikalle

• Advanced Member

I may try again with up-date blneder git 2.91 version. (so current version may be included already)

I think, the first problem (which mac can not find add on path,) seems solved, but the new problem is remain. (it is not about test version).

I did not test about recent version I suppose ^^; 

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, milhouzz said:

Hi, following a bit that topic as I updated blender to 2.9 and the addon is not working anymore. Such an amazing bridge I ve been using it since quite sometime, thanks for that! You think you will have an update soon to make it work on latest version of blender?

thanks

attach console erroer log please, so I can confrim we see same erroer for recent 2.90 build or not.

As for me, when I use get buck (it need at least firt time)

Then I find simple miss spell,

So in tex.py current version seems use texture_list[3] for the line 194

but I suppose it should be texturelist[3] -_-

no it need more edit, so simply wait haikalle work I keep quiet. ^^;  

Edited by tokikake

It was working fine for me in Blender 2.9.1, but suddenly it stopped working. I've deleted the exchange folder and all the folders relating to it to "reset" the add-on. And I recreated the exchange folder and theoretically, it should have worked.

image.thumb.png.05543e7029f68261ef5387962f1cae18.png

Edited by Archnila

• Advanced Member

@haikalle

Have tested the Test,Test,Test script on both Mac OSX 10.12 With Blender 2.83 and Mac OSX 10.13 With latest Blender 2.9.
Neither showing the results you hoped for.

May I ask what is pertinent to this Test with regard solving the last piece of the puzzle i.e  not automatically retrieving the Textures and Uv'ed Meshes created by 3D=Coat back in to Blender?

So close.......

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Advanced Member

@Archnila

3D-Coat itself creates an Applinks Folder, inside this folder is a folder called ’Exchange’ it is this that you will set in the 3DApplink within Blender for your exchange address.

Here’s what I’d try - delete your Applinks folder (Created by 3D-Coat)  and your 3DC2Blender Folder (Created by The 3D-Coat Applink) .
Restart your computer. Open 3D-Coat and let it create a new Applink Folder. Close 3D-Coat.
Open Blender and make sure that the ‘Exchange’ folder within the Applinks folder (created by 3D-Coat) is the chosen Exchange address - navigate to the Exchange folder within the Applinks folder and set this in as the address >  Apply this Exchange Folder Address.

Press Send in the 3D-Coat Applink > now open 3D-Coat - if it does not first connect > Blender >Press Send (again).

Hopefully that will work particularly if it was working for you before with no issue.
I’ve noted that on occasion that the 3DCoat Applink drops it’s Exchange Folder address when you reopen Blender.

p.s I'd also check that you haven't double installed another Applink version i.e the one pre-installed in your default Blender addons with one installed over it from outwith Blender - found in Blender Preferences. In short check for duplicates.

On the Mac that is Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender(version number)/scripts/addons

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Candy-floss Kid said:

@Archnila

3D-Coat itself creates an Applinks Folder, inside this folder is a folder called ’Exchange’ it is this that you will set in the 3DApplink within Blender for your exchange address.

Here’s what I’d try - delete your Applinks folder (Created by 3D-Coat)  and your 3DC2Blender Folder (Created by The 3D-Coat Applink) .
Restart your computer. Open 3D-Coat and let it create a new Applink Folder. Close 3D-Coat.
Open Blender and make sure that the ‘Exchange’ folder within the Applinks folder (created by 3D-Coat) is the chosen Exchange address - navigate to the Exchange folder within the Applinks folder and set this in as the address >  Apply this Exchange Folder Address.

Press Send in the 3D-Coat Applink > now open 3D-Coat - if it does not first connect > Blender >Press Send (again).

Hopefully that will work particularly if it was working for you before with no issue.
I’ve noted that on occasion that the 3DCoat Applink drops it’s Exchange Folder address when you reopen Blender.

p.s I'd also check that you haven't double installed another Applink version i.e the one pre-installed in your default Blender addons with one installed over it from outwith Blender - found in Blender Preferences. In short check for duplicates.

On the Mac that is Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender(version number)/scripts/addons

Ah I’ll try that! I’ve also noticed that I sometimes have to reset the folder every time I create a new Blender project. Thanks! 

• Advanced Member

Test  io_coat3D_new.zip included one.  with 2.92 git build windows.

I simply copy the io_coat add on directory then paste again in deafult aprication add on directory for windows. and up-date script + once de-activate then activate add on and confrim.

I only export cube to 3d coat, then paint, and use open in original app, then export textures . 

I still see same new erroer as same as some recent versions. 

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 245, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1286, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist, new_applink_address)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1062, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 678, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti, mat_list, texturelist, is_new, udim_textures, udim_indexs)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 194, in readtexturefolder
    if (os.path.isfile(texture_list[3])):
NameError: name 'texture_list' is not defined

tried latest version got this:

bpy.data.window_managers["WinMan"].addon_search = "3d"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 352, in enable
    mod.__time__ = os.path.getmtime(mod.__file__)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\python\lib\genericpath.py", line 55, in getmtime
    return os.stat(filename).st_mtime
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Program Files\\Blender Foundation\\Blender 2.90\\2.90\\scripts\\addons\\io_coat3D\\__init__.py'

bpy.context.area.ui_type = 'INFO'

• Advanced Member

@haikalle

Error on send:

File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 501, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 511, in execute
    foundExchangeFolder, global_exchange_folder = folders.InitFolders()
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/folders.py", line 33, in InitFolders
    os.makedirs(os.path.dirname(exchangeFile))
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/python/lib/python3.7/os.py", line 221, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
FileExistsError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/Users/usernamer/Documents/3DC2Blender'

location: /Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:201

13 minutes ago, haikalle said:

@The Candy-floss Kid

Lets take your issue first :)

Could you try this version

io_coat3D_new2.zip

Please remove 3DC2Blender folder before using this new version.

looks like its working again!

only thing is from 3d coat to blender when i chose export voxel mesh to blender, I remember it was automatic before (not a big deal tho just have to click get back in blender to have my mesh again), also the mesh i get back has a 0.01 scale, again no big deal just need to clear scale and it works just fine.

big thanks for the quick fix!!!!!

• Advanced Member

@haikalle

Closed Blender reopened.

Repeat test send to 3DCoat good.

Texture and Mesh export good.

Get back error message as follows

File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 245, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 1286, in workflow1
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 1051, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 678, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti, mat_list, texturelist, is_new, udim_textures, udim_indexs)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 246, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures, udim_len)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 398, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/MacOS/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json'

• Advanced Member

@haikalle

error is

'/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/MacOS/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json'

No such file or directory: '/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/MacOS/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json' 

Should be

'/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app//Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json'

• Advanced Member

@haikalle

errors seem the same

File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 245, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 1286, in workflow1
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/__init__.py", line 1051, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist,is_new)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 685, in matlab
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 246, in readtexturefolder
    createnodes(index_mat, texcoat, create_group_node, objekti, ind, is_new, udim_textures, udim_len)
  File "/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/tex.py", line 405, in createnodes
    with open(json_address, encoding='utf-8') as data_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/MacOS/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json'

Should be

'/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app//Contents/Resources/2.83/scripts/addons/io_coat3D/data.json'