3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer

I hope you can understand that I'm doing my best to help you...I really am.  So every time when you start blender again it will delete what's inside of Exchange_folder.txt 

I hope you can understand that it really hard to fix something that I don't see. Thats why I need to ask many questions. But I hope we can find solution soon for you.

• Applink Developer

Thank you. two points:

1. is there G:/3DCOAT/3D-CoatV48/Exchange folder

2. if there is. Then you place that path into addon and hit Apply. Now do you see SEND and GETBACK button. Now can you open Exchange_folder.txt file and see if G:/3DCOAT/3D-CoatV48/Exchange is saved there.

3. so if you open blender again, Exchange_folder.txt should still have same path. is this the case.

Sorry to ask so many question but I hope I with these info I find fix much faster.

• Advanced Member

Since you seem to have a hard time reading my posts as you keep asking the same question over and over. I will include my my Exchange_folder.txt and you can see for yourself.

Exchange_folder.txt

• Advanced Member

I've exited 3DC & Blender 2.9.2 several times. The FBX models do not get deleted. There are now 27 FBX models in my folder

C:\Users\kenmo\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects

Applink2.JPG

• Applink Developer

Thank you. So that file has the right info. You should have connection between blender and 3d-coat. If you select basic cube and press send button. Do you see import window in 3d-coat? if not do you see any error messages in blender.

• Advanced Member

The only thing that resides in my "G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV48\Exchange" folder is an import.txt file 

Which I've attached. The import.txt file gets overwritten each time I launch 3DC.

Sorry but I can not be any clearer then this.

import.txt

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Thank you. So that file has the right info. You should have connection between blender and 3d-coat. If you select basic cube and press send button. Do you see import window in 3d-coat? if not do you see any error messages in blender.

After sending from Blender I do not get the popup window in 3DC.

• Applink Developer

Sorry but you didn't answer my question so I ask again

You should have connection between blender and 3d-coat. If you select basic cube and press send button. Do you see import window in 3d-coat? if not do you see any error messages in blender.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Sorry but you didn't answer my question so I ask again

You should have connection between blender and 3d-coat. If you select basic cube and press send button. Do you see import window in 3d-coat? if not do you see any error messages in blender.

I do not get an error message in Blender after entering the location of the  Exchange_folder.txt. 

It is not going into an endless loop as it did prior.

Nor do I get the import window in 3DC.

• Advanced Member

I just fired up my copy of 3DC ver 4.9.33 which worked flawlessly previously worked flawlessly with the Blender addon.

However now it does not. It behaves the same way. 

• Advanced Member

I've been using 3DC since ver 3 and you would have to move your data with each upgrade. Andrew did away with that prerequisite a couple of versions ago.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

It's interesting its G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV48 and not G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV49 

I've been using 3DC since ver 3 and you would have to move your data with each upgrade. Andrew did away with that prerequisite a couple of versions ago.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, haikalle said:

It's interesting its G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV48 and not G:\3DCOAT\3D-CoatV49 

I've been using this folder since ver 4.8. I am now using 4.9.65. I could name the folder anything.

This Blender Add on worked fine with 3DC 4..9.33 and now does not work with it.

I still have 4.9.33 installed on my computer and tried it. Now it too is broken.

I think it's more an issue with an Windows update/patch issue. If it was a 3DC issue it would still work with 4.9.33. Now it does not.

Are you using Windows 10? Which version? Which build?