3D Coat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

I tried your arrangeUVsettest.blend and I don't get any errors when bringing textures.

You don't need to rename your materials as 1001, 1002. Right now how applink works it looks if there is polygons assinged into material. If yes, then applink will calculate 
which Uvtile area the polygons uvs are. And then link that info into material group. 

And I tried your scene file, then as for me it still show same erroer, when I use import tiles as UV sets option.

then once I deleted new added material group in blender,  update again, it seems generate textures. 

But  I found  now UV changed as packed. (merged).  and could not generate texture for "puna" (second uvtiles)

merged.thumb.JPG.b6cd9b94e9aa7835cedd193496a04348.JPG

about "puna" there is no poligons were assgined so it is not matter.   I download your uploaded 3d coat plug in, io_coat.rar , then  overwrite plug in,  and  test with it. 

mm, OK I try again, with keep same as your youtube video. then check how it work for me. it seems only happen for me, so I think, I make some mistake about setting. I ask again, if I can not sucess.. thanks all effort ^_^

===========

I seems find why my setting generate erroe, I use option "Update UVset and mesh". then if I check OFF this option in blender UI, it seems work correctly.

(so 3d coat not overwrite my UV arrange). but I think if I do not use this option, I can not edit mesh in Edit geometry,, (though I just test it how it work

may not edit mesh, for texure paint, most of case)

Edited by tokikake

And,, I suspect If I need to change my export option nomral map texture name,

because at current I just use "normal" but your pic seems use "normal_map"?  

yes,, it worked ^^;  So I hope to keep my preset as myway, then I made custom one,, so it cause naming matter I think,,

now this setting work for me to generate normal_map. If I use  "normal" for texture name, it not work :p:

settingmiss.thumb.JPG.4a6fb70da051e2c9532fd4d297a6a276.JPG

Edited by tokikake

I got an error exporting for UV-mapping:

UV.png.13a108395548fb2d433b7e92cd842849.png

bl_version.png.9c7460050c9a8e8f96a35582b4cd3d7d.png

But when I disable that line 470, it works.

23 hours ago, druh0o said:

I got an error exporting for UV-mapping:

UV.png.13a108395548fb2d433b7e92cd842849.png

bl_version.png.9c7460050c9a8e8f96a35582b4cd3d7d.png

But when I disable that line 470, it works.

Thanks for reporting. Luckily only prints line :) I will delete them.

Does your plugin only work with EEVEE? I need to bake textures but EEVEE does not know how to do this, but I can not get it to work in Cycles, when switching to Cycles mode, the materials stop working and everything is baked in one pink color that says that the textures stopped working. Show if your plugin works in Cycles, if it can bake textures.

Does your plugin only work with EEVEE? I need to bake textures but EEVEE does not know how to do this, but I can not get it to work in Cycles, when switching to Cycles mode, the materials stop working and everything is baked in one pink color that says that the textures stopped working. Show if your plugin works in Cycles, if it can bake textures.

image.thumb.png.641fd697ca5022dfb150ac6b0647f4f7.png

Edited by Alex_Velger

3 hours ago, Alex_Velger said:

image.thumb.png.641fd697ca5022dfb150ac6b0647f4f7.png

Hi!

Applink dosen't support baking yet. But if help me a little bit, I can try to code this feature. Do you want that bake textures will replace the ones that you brought from 3d-coat. I'm not quite how you
you want me to support baking.

Hi I want your plugin worked also with baking textures but so far I can not get it to work neither in EEVEE nor Cycles. This will be great news if your plugin will support baking textures obtained from 3D Coat.:)

I need to ask couple extra question to understand your workflow fully. 

1. You take mesh from blender into 3d-coat (without any textures)
2. In 3d-coat you use Textures -> Texture Baking tool to create textures.
3. Now you want that applink is using these textures in blender.

Is this what you ask?

Stage of work:

image.thumb.png.3109a24ed9270496d63ae9d6598234a1.png

image.thumb.png.9e53baedc0ea835ee729a1db20461503.png

image.thumb.png.6958921a0d46950b542bdec163792ae1.png

Texture in 3 D Coat, then transfer again in Blender

image.thumb.png.8a513ae1f292422b9933ca7905138344.png

image.thumb.png.60f4183b9c0ab67b9b46584f16f12b50.png

Now I need to bake all this beauty in the texture, bake all the highlights, the game of colors and shadows. Transfer everything to the texture, bake the visualization.

Now I got it :) I will take a look at this. Should be quite possible. So after baking you want to replace the textures that was imported from 3d-coat with the baked textures?

Edited by haikalle

I will put here some ideas that I would like to add into applink. Most important thing is to improve overall use of the applink.
But here is some kind of roadmap what could be added in the future:

* Bake support
* Houdini support. (Taking object into houdini and them bring modified object back into same place)
* V-Ray node support. But this means that ChaosGroup is making V-Ray for 2.8. And there is no news yet about this.

• Like 2

As it turned out the error "CUDA error at cuCtxCreate: Illegal address" does not apply to your plugin and occurs in Blender 2.80. I hope it will be corrected, it leads to the impossibility of baking textures on the graphics card. As an option to export the system nodes created by AppLink Blender from Blender in Blender 2.79 2.80, and make baking already there. This method makes it possible to use your plugin but bake textures in a stable version 2.79.

Today I made applink to better support emissive textures. Made this video for to check it out. 

• Like 2

Since several recent versions of 2.8 beta I can't change 3D-Coat .exe path in applink configuration. I know, that's not a problem of the addon. It's something with blender - I noticed it doesn't save startup file (and probably something else). But I'm not an experienced blender user, just testing some things. So maybe you know what's the problem?

PS: running on Win 7 as an Administrator

Ok, I just found that i'm dumb: i didn't notice confirmation window while saving startup file. :) Damn, what an interface in blender!

Edited by druh0o

Hi! I start to code a feature that applink will bake textures in blender and send them into 3d-coat with mesh.

If there is other features that are bake related please let me know of them and I check if I can include them too

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

New baking feature on its way into 3D-Coat applink for Blender. This is still a little bit beta so if someone wants to give a try, be carefull. Big difference is that in 
this version you need to TURN OFF "Treat materials as separate textures". I did some tests and it seams that this could be better way, but needs some testing still.

io_coat3D.rar

Also a big thanks to Andrew. He guided me into right direction with applink coding several times this week :)

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

That's might be something interesting! Like using procedural materials of blender for the base of PBR texturing in 3D-Coat, am I right?