3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Reputable Contributor
On 3/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, haikalle said:

Here is the latest version. There has been complete redesign in code so there might be some bugs but's lets fix the one by one together :)

io_coat3D.zip

If we start from 3DCoat, I no longer see the GET BACK button? What happened to it?

• Applink Developer

There has been some bad bugs/issues in the latest applink. These issues are fixed in next 3d-coat release. Should be released soon. GetBack button is taken away. You don't need that anymore :)

Edited by haikalle

• Reputable Contributor
4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

There has been some bad bugs/issues in the latest applink. These issues are fixed in next 3d-coat release. Should be released soon. GetBack button is taken away. You don't need that anymore :)

Even if you start in 3DCoat? If I model and texture something in 3DCoat from scratch, and want to render it in Evee or Cycles, how would I get that in, without an IMPORT or GETBACK button?

• Contributor

Am I doing it right?

OK, so I've installed 3DCoat on a windows machine and also Blender (2.82a and latest 2.83 beta with separate config folders for each one.)

Then I placed the contents of io_coat3D.zip posted above in the Blender\2.8x\scripts\addons

Then launched Blender (repeated the process for each version) and I can't seem to find the 3DCoat applink in the addons part of the preferences to activate it afterwards. So no applink.

I then removed the Blender configs and tried to install the zip file from the Preferences->Add-ons->Install... option. Same result.

Any pointers about the right procedure to run it, or install it? It's been a while since I used 3DCoat in Windows, so I might be a tad off the loop.

Thanks for your time.

• Applink Developer
1 hour ago, Allabulle said:

Am I doing it right?

OK, so I've installed 3DCoat on a windows machine and also Blender (2.82a and latest 2.83 beta with separate config folders for each one.)

Then I placed the contents of io_coat3D.zip posted above in the Blender\2.8x\scripts\addons

Then launched Blender (repeated the process for each version) and I can't seem to find the 3DCoat applink in the addons part of the preferences to activate it afterwards. So no applink.

I then removed the Blender configs and tried to install the zip file from the Preferences->Add-ons->Install... option. Same result.

Any pointers about the right procedure to run it, or install it? It's been a while since I used 3DCoat in Windows, so I might be a tad off the loop.

Thanks for your time.

Ok. I think I founded. Could you try this. Funny how one empty line can crash total addon :)

io_coat3D.zip

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

Hey Haikale! Thank you for your awesome work! Is there a working link with the latest version of the addon? Looking forward  to testing it :)

EDIT: I downloaded the most recent link here, but missing the "Get Back" (?) button and the mesh does not update in blender after the 3dcoat export. I do not think I messed something up with the installation.

Edited by nameless_one

• Applink Developer
50 minutes ago, nameless_one said:

Hey Haikale! Thank you for your awesome work! Is there a working link with the latest version of the addon? Looking forward  to testing it :)

EDIT: I downloaded the most recent link here, but missing the "Get Back" (?) button and the mesh does not update in blender after the 3dcoat export. I do not think I messed something up with the installation.

Hi! First make sure that you have at least 4.9.36 version of 3d-coat. "Get Back" button is taken away. The goal is to make this addon as automatic it could be so this is a part of that process.

Edited by haikalle

1 hour ago, haikalle said:

Hi! First make sure that you have at least 4.9.36 version of 3d-coat. "Get Back" button is taken away. The goal is to make this addon as automatic it could be so this is a part of that process.

Thank you so much for answering:) I will give it a shot with coat v. 4.9.37

Is 4.9.34 the most recent addon version? 

I appreciate your work very much! This tool is amazing :)

EDIT: I think that the source of my problems was using the Roaming blender path for the addon. It seems to work as expected after I started using the blender.exe adjacent addons folder. My only issue now is that when the exported shader contains a displacement map, object turns black in Cycles. 

Edited by nameless_one
new data

I just had to return and report that everything works for me now, with the latest version of the addon 3dcoat 4.9.37 and blender 2.83. Even displacement node is created correctly and functioning. I have no idea what was causing my previous issues other than possibly having the addon on Roaming, instead of the blender install path.

Many thanks!

Edited by nameless_one
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, haikalle said:

Here is the latest version. There has been complete redesign in code so there might be some bugs but's lets fix the one by one together :)

io_coat3D.zip

I didn't update to this version yet. But ran into a problem moving a model (a lot of applied modifiers) from Blender to 3D coat and there were quads torn and missing. Does the new update correct that problem?

• Applink Developer
15 hours ago, EvilMP said:

I didn't update to this version yet. But ran into a problem moving a model (a lot of applied modifiers) from Blender to 3D coat and there were quads torn and missing. Does the new update correct that problem?

Is it maybe possible to send a scene I could test?

Haikalle,

I tried both ways with the model's modifiers not applied and with them applied and close to the same result. It seems like it does not like Boolean difference models. I used a mod called Fluent Power Trip to make the Boolean difference and then cleaned the model for any potential vertex screw ups. Even manually doing it the long way same behavior. 

boolean test model.blend

How applink and 3D coat see the boolean model.png

Boolean model with modifiers applied.png

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.82 Applink

Hi, I'm having trouble when sending objects to blender. I may have changed default path to somewhere 3dc settings, but not sure.. :D can't find the place.. so is it possible to change / relocate path in 3dcoat? Transferring did work once lately, but now 3dcoat does nothing when I push "send -> per-pixel painting". I may have messed up something. So question is how do I check that locations are same in blender and 3dc? :rolleyes:

• Reputable Contributor
29 minutes ago, Rela-x said:

Hi, I'm having trouble when sending objects to blender. I may have changed default path to somewhere 3dc settings, but not sure.. :D can't find the place.. so is it possible to change / relocate path in 3dcoat? Transferring did work once lately, but now 3dcoat does nothing when I push "send -> per-pixel painting". I may have messed up something. So question is how do I check that locations are same in blender and 3dc? :rolleyes:

Try exporting something...the default cube in blender...anything...to 3DCoat, first. Then, do a test and try to send it back to Blender, via the FILE > OPEN IN ORIGINAL APP option 

1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

Try exporting something...the default cube in blender...anything...to 3DCoat, first. Then, do a test and try to send it back to Blender, via the FILE > OPEN IN ORIGINAL APP option 

I tried to do new exchange folder under "my documents" (C:\Users\User\Documents\3DCTRANSFER), but nothing happens after export. Where should I do it or should any location work?
It did this kind of file to newly created folder (C:\Users\User\Documents\3DCTRANSFER)  ->

import.txt

"
C:\Users\User\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects\3DC004.fbx
[ppp]
[export_preset Blender Cycles]

"

Should I use "C:\Users\User\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects\" loaction in blender?

What did I do wrong here? It must be my fault. I've clearly messed up something..  :rolleyes:

It was working while ago..

• Reputable Contributor
8 minutes ago, Rela-x said:

I tried to do new exchange folder under "my documents" (C:\Users\User\Documents\3DCTRANSFER), but nothing happens after export. Where should I do it or should any location work?
It did this kind of file to newly created folder (C:\Users\User\Documents\3DCTRANSFER)  ->

import.txt

"
[ppp]
[export_preset Blender Cycles]

"

Should I use "C:\Users\User\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects\" loaction in blender?

What did I do wrong here? It must be my fault. I've clearly messed up something..  :rolleyes:

It was working while ago..

With the recent work done on the Applink, the developer may have directed the Applink to look in: MY DOCUMENTS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE/BLENDER

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

With the recent work done on the Applink, the developer may have directed the Applink to look in: MY DOCUMENTS/APPLINKS/3D-COAT/EXCHANGE/BLENDER

No matter what I do Blender always makes "C:\Users\User\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects" directory and exports objects there. No matter where I set on exchange folder on blender.  I even did reset all 3dCoats settings too.. but nothing helps...  :unknw:

• Reputable Contributor
3 minutes ago, Rela-x said:

No matter what I do Blender always makes "C:\Users\User\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects" directory and exports objects there. No matter where I set on exchange folder on blender.  I even did reset all 3dCoats settings too.. but nothing helps...  :unknw:

We will have to wait for the Applink developer to chime in, but for one thing, make sure you are using the latest build of 3DCoat (4.9.37), as it has the newly rewritten Applink code in it. Secondly, just let 3DCoat send the file where the applink wants to put it and take note of it, if you need to move that directory, later. When I do that, it works flawlessly.

• Like 1

• Applink Developer

Hi! Please delete applink folder in Documents. Then try  again. Did you manually set your exchange folder box in blender or did you left it empty. Here is quick info about these boxes:

Exchange / folder = Should be leave blank. Applink will give a warning if it dosen't find your 3d-coat/exchange folder and after that you need to set path here.

Object/Texture folder = Addon always creates ApplinkObjects folder but only use it if this blank. You can set your own path here where to save objects/textures.

pic.png

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, EvilMP said:

Haikalle,

I tried both ways with the model's modifiers not applied and with them applied and close to the same result. It seems like it does not like Boolean difference models. I used a mod called Fluent Power Trip to make the Boolean difference and then cleaned the model for any potential vertex screw ups. Even manually doing it the long way same behavior. 

boolean test model.blend

How applink and 3D coat see the boolean model.png

Boolean model with modifiers applied.png

I tried it again today with the newer version of 3D coat (4.9.37 Pro) with even worst results now the entire cylinder back is missing. 

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink