3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

Hi

I have the latest ver of applink script and of 3dCoat. I cannot get it to work. Could you perhaps tell me which directory 3dcoat expects to find the content from Blender and where does Blender look when you do 3dCoat->Blender?

I see that 3dCoat puts files in the C:\Users\user\Documents\AppLinks\3D-Coat\Exchange\Blender

I also see a import.txt file in C:\Users\user\Documents\AppLinks\3D-Coat\Exchange\ which seems to come from blender and contains a path: C:\Users\user\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects\3DC045.fbx This path  contains files that I assume come from blender

• Advanced Member

I feel you. I am struggling since the first day. It gets even more crazy once you have multiple objects. If you send your second object back to Blender it will overwrite the material of the first object. I gave up and do it manually. Sick of all the hassle.

Funny thing is, sometimes even if you have sent via the applink, using the "open in original app" works rather than the  "supposedly" native app-link. Wait, native?  I don't get why it says native applink.

The developers have got to fix their stuff. For example why two options for bridging a software?? Also inside the export option you have Cycles preset and a Applink preset. Which to chose? Doesn't matter, both the same. This is so 3Dcoat. Chaotic as it has always been. I have said it many times for many years. I know people hate me for complaining. I don't care.

I just stopped using 3dcoat for production. Except retopo and some texture work.

• Applink Developer
2 hours ago, ImMe said:

Hi

I have the latest ver of applink script and of 3dCoat. I cannot get it to work. Could you perhaps tell me which directory 3dcoat expects to find the content from Blender and where does Blender look when you do 3dCoat->Blender?

I see that 3dCoat puts files in the C:\Users\user\Documents\AppLinks\3D-Coat\Exchange\Blender

I also see a import.txt file in C:\Users\user\Documents\AppLinks\3D-Coat\Exchange\ which seems to come from blender and contains a path: C:\Users\user\Documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects\3DC045.fbx This path  contains files that I assume come from blender

Hi!

Does blender gives any error messages? You can see them in windows -> toggle system console. Best way to fix these issues are if you can provide the video what you are doing. Just sort 1-2min is enough. 

Open Blender and 3dCoat

I load a simple model into blender.  Select it then open the 3dCoat applink tab and press send. This is the error I get

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 558, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 589, in execute
    activeobj = bpy.context.active_object.name
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

Error with new version of Blender:

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 496, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 586, in execute
    objekti.data.materials.append(newmat)
AttributeError: 'PointLight' object has no attribute 'materials'

location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:201

Oops regarding light. Here is message now:

FBX export starting... 'C:\\Users\\user\\Documents\\3DC2Blender\\ApplinkObjects\\3DC048.fbx'
FBX export prepare: Wrapping Objects...
        Done (0.000000 sec)

But nothing happens in 3dCoat

I can't preserve UV-maps for an object has multi UV-sets among my workflows.

1. 'Send'-ing an object has multi UV-sets to 3d-coat, to do 'UV-Mapping'.

2. Unwrap in 3d-coat for each UV-set

3. Send back to blender

4. (Here a object has correct UV-set for material)

5. 'Send' again the object of (4) to 3d-coat

6. I see some UV-sets are broken

Do I have to keep  materials one  forever?

Or does any idea to do good for multi materials?

---

3d-coat applink version 5.0.0

3d-coat 4.9.37 (win64)

Edited by roentgen

On 9/19/2019 at 1:15 AM, haikalle said:

Hi! I got this message from Blender coders

Now I need your feedback. What you think if Tap panel is removed and moved ether into Scene menu where is the rest 3d-coat settings or into menu - >Import/Export settings. My oppinion is that this change will make the workflow slower when using applink because "send" and "getback" buttons are behind more clicks than it's now. What do think. I want to hear you before answering back to blender folks.

Gob addon (GoZ-alike tools for simple ZBrush<->Blender interchange. )was moved to upper middle viewport.  What do you think about to move yours to that location ? (without overlapping both, of course)

io.jpg

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink