3D Coat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

Couple things to check. First make sure that vieport shading is "textured". The other thing is when pressing import button check if the textures will come into blender.

You can do this by going into texture panel. And if they will come into texture list then applink is working. By looking your blender picture, displacement map is

working, you just have to tone down it a little bit.

post-1165-12886878539072_thumb.jpg

All is good. As you can see I'm new to both 3d coat and blender. Thanks for spoon-feeding this old guy.

Hi,

Thanks for the cool script,

Just an announcement here that of course we will put your script in Blender Trunk.

Thanks for the hard work,

I'll chat to you in the projects page or you can mail me at meta.androcto1 (at that place) gmail.com

Thanks again!

Brendon.

Hi,

Thanks for the cool script,

Just an announcement here that of course we will put your script in Blender Trunk.

Thanks for the hard work,

I'll chat to you in the projects page or you can mail me at meta.androcto1 (at that place) gmail.com

Thanks again!

Brendon.

Great to hear Brendon. You and haikalle are the MEN! Thank you both for all you're hard work. :drinks:

P. Monk

Thanks everyone. So now on the applink is included when you download latest blender version. There is some changes in the script, so new bugs

might be there also. I will update the video tutorials and manual this weekend. Thanks.

You have done the wiki page very well already, there was a few typos like Rememeber which should be Remember, also dosen't which should be doesn't. It might not need it but some possible adjustments could be -

Press the "Save as Default" button. You should now see a new 3D-Coat Applink panel under the Scene tab.

---

There are some very helpful video tutorials at the end of this document. Make sure that you watch them if you are trying the Applink for the first time.

---

Export Obj = If this is on it will export your model every time you press "export". If this is off then it only exports your model if it doesn't find the object. Also if you only set a folder into the object path then the script exports the model and automatically adds the name of the object into "object path".

---

No Import File = If this is on then the script doesn't write a import.txt text file. You can use this option when you don't want to take your models into 3D-Coat and just want to quickly find and update all the textures that are linked into the object.

---

Remember Position = If this is off then when you export objects into 3D-Coat they will be placed into origin. If this is on then the object location in blender is stored and the object is placed at the same location in 3D-Coat.

---

Auto Smooth = Automatically smooth the object

Bring Textures = If this is on then it will find any new textures and bring them into your active material. If you turn this option off then it will not bring any textures, it will just reload the image textures you already have.

------------

It was simple enough to understand the wiki page already though so even if you just correct the typos it is good. I might have made errors myself (Someone please check it and also feel free to make adjustments to my changes also) but this might be helpful or a good starting point if you want to make adjustments.

Thanks Digital777. That was very fast. And I changed them all according your text. Now wiki is done. The script it's already in svn trunk but it takes some

time until it gets into official build. When it does I will update my first page here. Until then it's better to use the script provided here. Thanks for all testing

and support. Really glad that we were able to do this. :good:

You are an amazing person Kalle-Samuli Riihikoski. Thank you. :drinks:

I have a question though regarding applinks in general. I, being a modo user as well as a Blender user,

after using your Applink have a dream that those two apps might share this same type of synergy.

In your opinion do you think that this is something possible or just a pipe dream?

I ask this question in a theoretical sense, not in a definitive or suggestive sense.

Thanks again for your time and effort in this project,

P. Monk

You are an amazing person Kalle-Samuli Riihikoski. Thank you. :drinks:

I have a question though regarding applinks in general. I, being a modo user as well as a Blender user,

after using your Applink have a dream that those two apps might share this same type of synergy.

In your opinion do you think that this is something possible or just a pipe dream?

I ask this question in a theoretical sense, not in a definitive or suggestive sense.

Thanks again for your time and effort in this project,

P. Monk

It all depends of what kind of Api the 3d program has. I would think that Modo has already very solid API so

it should work quite well. I can see that there is already beta version out for modo. Written by Gwynne Reddick.

Niceee :good:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6945

Thanks everyone, it's good to know that the wiki adjustments were helpful :)

The app-link is really great, i am looking forward to when they add it to the official blender build. :D

Now the newest builds in http://www.graphicall.org/builds/ has the 3d-Coat applink support for all platforms if you want to test it out.

I updated the first video lesson 1 and it's maybe good if you check the wiki before using applink. The applink script itself hasen't been modified for while,

but Remember that you need to manually turn relative paths off again.

In the latest graphicalls builds the 3d-coat script is broken because API change. I will let you know when the script is updated.

Glad to hear. I'm afraid that I have to make some quite big changes into script. In the latest graphicalls version the script doesn't work as well it used to be.

I hope I can find magic button again. I will wait a while before updating the script again. I start to be quite tired to change it everytime when they changes

blender API. Don't touch it anymore :D

Happy new year everyone!

Script is updated. This should work with the latest trunk version. But there is changes in workflow.

-Now you only select your object folder. (You don't write object.obj part anymore). The script takes object's name from blender.

The path is created like this: object folder + objects name + ".obj". I had to do this to make the script work in blender.

I have many ideas how to make this script better but for now I don't want to make big changes into script. I will wait when when blender is out from

beta status. But this script should work quite nicely for now. I will update blender svn today.

Script is Updated. Well, It took a long time and in the end it was quite easy fix, but now the script works like it worked before with the latest blender version.

So the video tutorials are valid again. Only change for users is that "object path" is now "object(name from blender) name". Sounds odd but it will clear up

to you when you test it. The script is updated already in svn. But if you want to try it now I will put 3dcoat folder here too. Just replace the old folder

with this one. (from scripts/addons). Right now I feel that the hardest part is over with blender API and from now on it should be quite staple. Fingers Crossed :p:

io_coat3D.rar