3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

ui use applink for uving, but when i want to get back my mesh from 3d coat into blender and i press "get back" it gives me that error. Is there a way around it? "open in original app" also doesnt work. 

ScreenShot_20200107015636.jpeg

Thanks for reports guys. This coming weekend I will try to update applink to work again with the latest blender version. 

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, haikalle said:

Thanks for reports guys. This coming weekend I will try to update applink to work again with the latest blender version. 

Ok....after almost a full day trying to diagnose the problem to the extent I can (trying to find a workaround/solution), I realized that the EXPORT CONSTRUCTOR was the culprit...probably something got broken in the constructor after the 3DCoat refactoring (build 4.9.06 and newer), because it worked with earlier builds, as evidenced in the Applink video months ago.

WITHOUT checking Export Constructor, it works with Blender 2.80, 2.81, and 2.82  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Ok....after almost a full day trying to diagnose the problem to the extent I can (trying to find a workaround/solution), I realized that the EXPORT CONSTRUCTOR was the culprit...probably something got broken in the constructor after the 3DCoat refactoring (build 4.9.06 and newer), because it worked with earlier builds, as evidenced in the Applink video months ago.

WITHOUT checking Export Constructor, it works with Blender 2.80, 2.81, and 2.82

Thank you so much for your research!

Unfortunately, when you have code changes in a program, there is often mismatch within the program itself and in linking other external programs.
So the routine / group of code lines of a function starts to work differently and what worked before ... now works to some extent or not.
I hope developers can see this problem and fix it because the workflow between 3D-Coat and Blender is so important!
I emailed 3D-Coat support about this ... ;) 

• Like 1

Nothing happens from blender to 3d coat. No "export to" option in menu of 3d coat. Blender exports the model as .fbx into my "3DC2Blender" folder but no result in 3dcoat. Blender finds my exchange folder .../3D-Coat/V4/Exchange. 

Using 3DCoat 4.8.23

Blender 2.81a

linux ubuntu 19.10

On 1/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, ebitz said:

Nothing happens from blender to 3d coat. No "export to" option in menu of 3d coat. Blender exports the model as .fbx into my "3DC2Blender" folder but no result in 3dcoat. Blender finds my exchange folder .../3D-Coat/V4/Exchange. 

Using 3DCoat 4.8.23

Blender 2.81a

linux ubuntu 19.10

Try the MyDocs/Applinks/Exchange folder. I had a similar issue with there being no EXPORT TO folder, after I deleted the BLENDER folder from that path. I is supposed to create a new one when you send a model to or from Blender/3DCoat.

What I did was uncheck the applink in the Blender Preferences panel > rechecked it and saved configuration. It seemed to restore the EXPORT TO function.

Thanks AbnRanger. I had a bunch of folders for 3DCoat for older versions, as well as a seperate applink folder. I deleted them all and restarted. 3DCoat created a 3D-CoatV48 folder only. From Blender I entered the new file path to exchange folder in 3D-CoatV48 folder. In Blender I exported a obj using the addon and  for linux it created a 3DC2Blender folder. Anyway, things seem to be working. Thanks. 

• Like 1