3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

6 hours ago, haikalle said:

@The Candy-floss Kid

@tokikake

Thatnks you both. Could someone that has mac do this test for me. open blender and go to python console. Then write: 

bpy.app.binary_path

What do you get as result?

@haikalle

The result in the console for bpy.app.binary_path

'/Applications/Blender 2.83.6.app/Contents/MacOS/Blender'
792140569_newerror.thumb.png.b6043f1f42c24e076d3b565fbb13689d.png

Haikalle, here's an update trying the modified Applink you so kindly provided: Managed to get Blender 2.8.3 to send this to 3DCoat V4.9

However on pressing GetBack I recieve this error

new error.png

io_coat3D.zip

new try

it prints JSON_ADDRESS into console where you can check what it the path addon is trying to look for. JSON_ADDRESS should match with the actual location of data.json file

Edited by haikalle

6 hours ago, haikalle said:

Io_coat3D.zip

new try

it prints JSON_ADDRESS into console where you can check what it the path addon is trying to look for. JSON_ADDRESS should match with the actual location of data.json file

Edited 18 minutes ago by haikalle

`

Here's the error feedback on the get back - seems like things are closer

error update.png

On 10/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, haikalle said:

io_coat3D.zip

Thats really odd error. could you try this

On 10/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, tokikake said:

This seems to work. No errors reports.

It doesn't appear in Blender as textured but I can navigate to the Texture files in the 3DC folder and attach the texture manually

Seems like all the other features are working also. :yahoo:

Bravo and thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For other Mac users I’ll write the folder structure that the 3DCoat Applink will add.

3D-Coat Applink Mac

After installing the Addon from The Blender Application (actual location of Addon, Blender App >control click >Show Package Contents /Contents/Resources/2.83/2.9 etc/scripts/addons) you will be asked to define the 'Exchange' Folder address.
NB: After assigning this you will also see it referenced in the Scene Properties Tab of Blender.

NB: 3D-Coat creates an Applinks Folder, inside this folder is a folder called ’Exchangeit is this that you will set in the 3DApplink within Blender for your exchange address.

In 0SX 10.13 and above using 3D-Coat 4.9.65 this will be  /Users/username/Documents/Applinks/3D-Coat/Exchange/
In OSX 10.12 this will be /Users/username/AppLinks/3D-Coat/Exchange/

The 3D-Coat Applink itself will create One Folder called 3DC2Blender in Users/username/Documents/3DC2Blender
This folder is where your assets, Textures/ Uv’ed Meshes created in 3D-Coat will be saved too

Once the object for painting is sent to 3DCoat and after you have created your Texture maps in 3DCoat>File >Open In Original App >Choose Your Blender Cycles Export Preset and export.

>Back in Blender >Get Back button in The Applink.
In my case the texture files were not added to the Mesh automatically but could be added to the mesh from Users/UserName/Document called 3DC2Blender
The location for these textures can also be specified in the Scene Properties Tab of Blender you will see an option for Object/Texture Folder.

>Back in Blender >Get Back button in The Applink.

Current Errors - Hopefully To Be Fxed 10/24/2020
In my case the texture files were not added to the Mesh automatically - neither were the uv'ed Meshes these could be added to the mesh from Users/username/Documents/3DC2Blender. In the case of Uved Meshes I had to import the Meshes from from Users/username/Documents/3DC2Blender > Select the Target First >The imported UV Source Object second > Cntrl+ L > Transfer Uv’s

The location for these textures can also be specified in thee Scene Properties Tab of Blender you will see an option for Object/Texture Folder.

So texture nodes are not automaticly created for you.. this needs to be fixed. I think I didn'f fixed the right thing in my last build so I revert that change.

Could you test this version and when you "toggle system console" you should see TEST created all over. Do you see this effect? Also are you in discord. We could continue there cause itse easier to test fast updates int here

image.thumb.png.11998003ef88e833e3f0d2eb60e8163f.png

io_coat3D.zip

@haikalle

I think there should be reason, you do not use os.path.abspath(__file__) to catch the json.data directory, so just hoped to ask the reason for my learning bpy.

If I use the os.path.abspath(__file__) without check blender version etc,,  now I do not need to use default aprication add on directory. but can use user defined add on directory.

because it can serch json.data directory (= "tex.py" directory,)  with "tex.py" absolute path where python run the code..   or Mac can not use __File__ to get tex.py path?  or use __file__ may cause issue for some case ? (eg windows may add double back slash, but it may not be shown to get the path, and it stil l work without format )

Edited by tokikake

Could you test this version and when you "toggle system console" you should see TEST created all over. Do you see this effect? Also are you in discord. We could continue there cause itse easier to test fast updates int here

@haikalle

I have just ran the test on the latest link you have sent. No I do not see TEST repeated.

In my last communication I had thought it was just the texture not returning to Blender from 3DCoat.
Although both textures and uved meshes are being sent to the 3DC2Blender folder they are not being imported back to Blender as yet.

It escaped my attention previously because I was using a default Cube with the same uv’s and not new uv's created in 3DCoat.

I decided to test it on a project yesterday and found out when I found myself having to Transfer Uv’s.

Sorry I am not on Discord.

ok. There is something really wrong going on :) that TEST would be very important to see. It you disable and enable the addon in prefenreces.. do you see any errors.

@haikalle

Yes I could see the Test generated full in console.

windows 10 pro with 2.91 build test.

=======

And actually I had some issue when I update 3d coat, (exchange your offered version zip)

Usually add on can up-date without rre-start blender,  I only need toactivate new installed one. (and blender 2.9 offer, up-date script, basically it work , if I keep activate and edit scritp.

but some case I needed to shut down and run blender again about this add on to up-date version. (if I exchange new version)

or it usually show erroer , which could not find exchange folder (I already set it )

then if I see the up-date problem, I usually shut-down and run blender again, after that this plug in work without problem. 

Edited by tokikake

This version seems show new erroer for me when I get-buck texture.

I did same test with many version, and have not seen issue about recetn versions, but you attached one show erroer when I get-buck after export texture from 3d coat.

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\myprograms\blender291-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.91\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 249, in invoke
    workflow1(ExportFolder)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender291-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.91\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1285, in workflow1
    blender_3DC_blender(texturelist, new_applink_address)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender291-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.91\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 1061, in blender_3DC_blender
    tex.matlab(objekti,mat_list,texturelist, is_new)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender291-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.91\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 684, in matlab
    readtexturefolder(objekti, mat_list, texturelist, is_new, udim_textures, udim_indexs)
  File "C:\myprograms\blender291-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.91\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\tex.py", line 194, in readtexturefolder
    if (os.path.isfile(texture_list[3])):
NameError: name 'texture_list' is not defined

Dont worry. TEST build was only for testing purpose and not something that would possible to  go  into official release.

This is interesting. Other user user is seeing TEST and other is not. And it uses same blender python commands. hmmm...

Edited by haikalle

1 hour ago, tokikake said:

e when I update 3d coat, (exchange your offered version zip)

Usually add on can up-date without rre-start blender,  I only need toactivate new installed one. (and blender 2.9 offer, up-date script, basically it work , if I keep activate and edit scritp.

but some case I needed to shut down and run blender again about this add on to up-date version. (if I exchange new version)

or it usually show erroer , which could not find exchange folder (I already set it )

then if I see the up-date problem, I usually shut-down and run blender again, after that this plug in work without problem. 

Does this only happen when you change blender apps. Or does this happen also with same blender.exe, if yes then this needs quick fixing indeed.

Edited by haikalle

Hi, following a bit that topic as I updated blender to 2.9 and the addon is not working anymore. Such an amazing bridge I ve been using it since quite sometime, thanks for that! You think you will have an update soon to make it work on latest version of blender?

thanks

I may try again with up-date blneder git 2.91 version. (so current version may be included already)

I think, the first problem (which mac can not find add on path,) seems solved, but the new problem is remain. (it is not about test version).

I did not test about recent version I suppose ^^; 

5 hours ago, milhouzz said:

Hi, following a bit that topic as I updated blender to 2.9 and the addon is not working anymore. Such an amazing bridge I ve been using it since quite sometime, thanks for that! You think you will have an update soon to make it work on latest version of blender?

thanks

attach console erroer log please, so I can confrim we see same erroer for recent 2.90 build or not.

As for me, when I use get buck (it need at least firt time)

Then I find simple miss spell,

So in tex.py current version seems use texture_list[3] for the line 194

but I suppose it should be texturelist[3] -_-

no it need more edit, so simply wait haikalle work I keep quiet. ^^;  

Edited by tokikake

It was working fine for me in Blender 2.9.1, but suddenly it stopped working. I've deleted the exchange folder and all the folders relating to it to "reset" the add-on. And I recreated the exchange folder and theoretically, it should have worked.

image.thumb.png.05543e7029f68261ef5387962f1cae18.png

Edited by Archnila

@haikalle

Have tested the Test,Test,Test script on both Mac OSX 10.12 With Blender 2.83 and Mac OSX 10.13 With latest Blender 2.9.
Neither showing the results you hoped for.

May I ask what is pertinent to this Test with regard solving the last piece of the puzzle i.e  not automatically retrieving the Textures and Uv'ed Meshes created by 3D=Coat back in to Blender?

So close.......

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

@Archnila

3D-Coat itself creates an Applinks Folder, inside this folder is a folder called ’Exchange’ it is this that you will set in the 3DApplink within Blender for your exchange address.

Here’s what I’d try - delete your Applinks folder (Created by 3D-Coat)  and your 3DC2Blender Folder (Created by The 3D-Coat Applink) .
Restart your computer. Open 3D-Coat and let it create a new Applink Folder. Close 3D-Coat.
Open Blender and make sure that the ‘Exchange’ folder within the Applinks folder (created by 3D-Coat) is the chosen Exchange address - navigate to the Exchange folder within the Applinks folder and set this in as the address >  Apply this Exchange Folder Address.

Press Send in the 3D-Coat Applink > now open 3D-Coat - if it does not first connect > Blender >Press Send (again).

Hopefully that will work particularly if it was working for you before with no issue.
I’ve noted that on occasion that the 3DCoat Applink drops it’s Exchange Folder address when you reopen Blender.

p.s I'd also check that you haven't double installed another Applink version i.e the one pre-installed in your default Blender addons with one installed over it from outwith Blender - found in Blender Preferences. In short check for duplicates.

On the Mac that is Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blender(version number)/scripts/addons

• Like 1