3DCoat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

31 minutes ago, haikalle said:

@tokikake

Please let me know if the latest update fix your issues.

Haikalle yes , basically it worked. 

my windows version is 1909 windows 10 pro

Os build 18363 1198

Then to be honest,  there remain one small issue.   I did same test with up-date again (few miunutes ago)

1.  delete 3dc2blender directory first

2. run blender,, then up-date script(confrim)

3. add Cube, with select, click "send"  

4.  I confirm  plug in ask me to set "Exchange" path

5.  I click apply folder  with my customize Exchange folda path (it is not default,  at least for me it work so, I ignore default path etc even though 3d coat auto generate, I set another Exchange path as I like)

apply.thumb.JPG.87c36665da95cda1e90c066bd3e49e07.JPG

6. If it is first time to try to export after delete "3dc2blender",  app link still show me, erroer. 

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\myprograms\blender-git\build_windows_Release_x64_vc16_Release\bin\Release\2.92\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 276, in invoke
    file = open(exchangeFile, 'w')
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\TAKE\\3DC2Blender\\3DC2Blender'

Anyway I  launch 3d coat, I could see dialogue  import mesh,, but about my test, after all I could not return texture. and app-link did not generate  new node groups for materials. 

I tried with  same export preset it worked before, but no change.   I could not see any erroer, when open in original app >>  and get-buck

(It is diffiicult why it happen, but may be, there remain some propblem to read setting file etc,, )

7. but after see this erroer (flie not exist), I once shut-down and re-start blender.. 

8. This time,  app link already generate 3dc2blender, and Exchange_folder.txt, then I do not see any erroer, and no need to set exchange path. 

(so loop problem solved)

9  And I could  return texture as same as before with app-link custom node groups .^_^

So as my opinion,, if user see erroer (file not exist), any way, you once shut-down blender, then restart.. so next time app-link can find those file and folda without erroer,

then you can export mesh and return texture from 3d coat. (sorry I still not test complex thing this version still,,)

===========

@  haikalle,, as you know,, it is really difficult to reproduce this issue, and I know why not so many user may not report it.

because once it is solved with re-start (this version), or simply ignore loppe  (old version), maybe nexttime we can not see any problem. 

So it only happen, when user set Exchange path, with 3dc2blender folda, and Exchange_folder.txt.. (those 3 file and folda need to be regonized, once. after that app-link work withotu problem for me,,)

And I almost confrim from those erroer message, and case when app-link failed ,,

problem may only happen when we click "Apply folda".. if user did not see the message = app link can find Exchange folda,, 

we never see issue.  so next time we do not see this erroer. 

Edited by tokikake

Then as for me, untill haikalle offered new app link version for blender 2.8 and later, 

windows user really often need to set each setting file manually, (change file path etc)  when 3d coat up-date version. 

then there was no clear infomation long time which work with recent 3d coat.

(so we serched around google, etc, found  user original way to solve issue, but it sometimes (or ofen) not work for others,, there were many trouble to work with app-link)

At current I really apreciate, , we can ask real author of current aprication and can return advice etc.. 

haikalle this is movie zip (wmv) , It include, failed case(first time) and suceed (second time) after remove the 3dc2blender (and included txt file)

and if it may help anyone who do not know clear setting etc about app-link  ^^;;  (though it is  simple cube test)

newtest.7z

@tokikake Could you try this version  io_coat3D.zip

It's funny cause when I delete 3DC2Blender folder and press send. It gives blank box (no text) So I'm forced to select new path. What happens if you do the same. Even if you see path you would select it from forlder window again. Do you see that same error thou?

I don't see any errors on my side even if I do same steps.

Edited by haikalle

4 minutes ago, haikalle said:

@tokikake Could you try this version  io_coat3D.zip

It's funny cause when I delete 3DC2Blender folder and press send. It gives blank box (no text) So I'm forced to select new path. What happens if you do the same. Even if you see path you would select it from forlder window again. Do you see that same error thou?

I don't see any errors on my side even if I do same steps.

Actually I am now test with some case (eg set new exchange folda , from scene property, etc) so I found actually I need to re-start everytime when I change exchange folda path.

About current app-link, I think we can have multi "exchange" folda path.. with set "Exchange" folda, from scene property and T panell.

But about both case, I feel I need to once re-start blender, to app-link can export and import correctly.

Anyway I will do quick test with your new zip (not up-date blender, this time). . I think you can solve issue.. (we almost find  problem situatiion so can separate problem, we only need to care, how app-link set path and correctly up-date, (so do not show erroer). you can solve issue I believe  ;)

It should work without re-start..there might be couple seconds delay before it kicks in but you should not need to re-start blender.

Ok I see some issues when using installer version of blender. I have always used zip file so I haven't seen these issues before...

11 minutes ago, haikalle said:

It should work without re-start..there might be couple seconds delay before it kicks in but you should not need to re-start blender.

haikalle , I could not change Exchange folda with this version. so not recommend up-date for Git for a while

What I test is, set new Exchange folda, with delete all. (exchange and 3dc2blender) then see how it work.

after I tried it,, then save start up- file, to keep current scene setting,, now app-link can not export mesh without erroer (no dialogue in 3d coat)

So one main problem is,,  (I test with your offered zip, and I do not download blender package one, but everytime up-date with GIt to get real recent app-link so it is not problem)

Now your add on offer 2 way, to set Exchange path.

Then at least when I set Exchange path from scene property,, to save the setting it need to save blend file. 

the path seems attached as scene.property = so we need to save the scene. to keep the path. right?

because app-link seems set  the exchange path return old one, when I open new scene.  (at least in scene property )

but after all, new zip not export mesh (I change new Exchange path, so it cause this new problem, (but I keep old one so do not worry about it)

I see same issue, about another plug in, then I suppose if you can use gloval variable. (it need to save setting file, which discribe all, )

Edited by tokikake

When you set exchange folder in scene property. Then that info is saved into Exchange_folder.txt. And everytime you reopen blender. applink first checks if there is path in that file and uses that.

So there is no need any extra step to save that path.

Edited by haikalle

2 minutes ago, haikalle said:

When you set exchange folder in scene property. Then that info is saved into Exchange_folder.txt. And everytime you reopen blender. applink first checks if there is path in that file and uses that.

OK thanks now it seems clear for me.. but when I change scene property, then re-open blender, it not keep my edit but show old one..maybe I test again.

Haikalle,, did you test with remove all once?  (Exchange folda, 3dc2blender. and set new empty Exchange folda from scene property,, then test how it work,,)

I may attach new zip movie,  I do these things.

1.  I remove all Exchange folda, and 3dc2blender folda (and files) 

2. make new Empty Exchange folda for test.

3.  I open new scene (bledner start-up file). then set the new Empty exchange path from scene property Exchange

4. add cube and send , 

then see how it work.  anyway I hope you not up-date the new zip for a while.

newexchange.7z

Edited by tokikake

It is not empty, because I once saved it as new start file (from my guess) so it remember old path .

then I set againe new Exchange path (which I made as empty)

the above attahced 7z show what I means..

Edited by tokikake

Yes. And that brings the problem when you change new exchange folder but the old data is still in startup scene. I will remove that it will automaticly update Exchange_folder.txt and maybe add button to save new exchange folder. 

As you can see, I had not seen those FBX are generated in my 3dc2blender directory..

(with other versions, and my exchange folda setting, add on export FBX in the folda which I assgined from scene property. I remember.

(so I can change export mesh path.  if I need it,, but now app-link seems try to export mesh in 3dc2blender,,)

7 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Yes. And that brings the problem when you change new exchange folder but the old data is still in startup scene. I will remove that it will automaticly update Exchange_folder.txt and maybe add button to save new exchange folder. 

So I think if those issue is caused, when user set new exchange path,,, and custom export object folda,,  do we better not use custom folda at least for exchange?

About that case,, if user use different data directory, (like me), what path is default for exchange and export object?

Though I like free custom setting, but if use default offer more stable app-link I may prefer, and many user may not against it.

But if I need to use default path for "exchange" and "export",, we may hope app-link auto set it, without any user input (so we do not need to care,, app-link will auto set path for those, with user 3d coat  Data drecitory if you can)

I think you can get user 3d coat directory,, or we only need to set the "3d coat data" path from app link UI, then if app-link auto set it, I apreciate it.

But I can not decide how it work,.. other user view is more improtant. 

Edited by tokikake

Andrew has given us the option to put our 3DC Data where ever we damn well please.

Relocate.JPG

@kenmo

That was never problem. Problem was how you talked to me. And my suggestion for make the default data folder was just reason to narrow down possible bugs... not something for final thing. I feel myself stupid when talking with you so I dont want to continue with that road...sorry about it.

3 hours ago, haikalle said:

I'm sorry but I'm done with you please write email to Andrew and tell him to find better develloper for blender applink. Trust me you do favor for me.

@haikalle

I will send an e-mail to Andrew. I have issue with your constantly asking the same question not only twice but many times over, your inability to read what I am posting and your extreme slowness in resolving issues. It also appears you developed this plugin on a Linux platform as you are quite reluctant to divulge what Windows version & build you are using.

I find dealing with you very frustrating. Yet you insist the issue is with 3DCoat or my directory structure.  You fail to acknowledge it worked fine on this computer TWO months ago using 3DCoat & my existing directory structure which not changed. You lack the ability to communicate properly and to read.

2 hours ago, haikalle said:

@tokikake

Now I added SAVE EXCHANGE FOLDER button into scene property. that way you can save your own custom path into Exchange_folder.txt. that path is read everytime when blender starts.

io_coat3D.zip

Thanks I may try later. and may send PM  with zip (if find issue). (then thanks I gradually well understand how my  free video maker work ) :)  

I often asked to offer video clip about other aprication support, so now I can do it well. 

Haikalle I sent report about  your new offered version zip  as PM, so check please..  Later I will send wmv  if it need. 

Edited by tokikake

Thanks now I could confrim it work without problem (new zip version) for my PC. 

And I aologize one thing I miss understand " I had believed, I can set Exchange path as I like" . but it is wrong.

Actually user need to set "Exchange" path, as 3d coat auto generate.

I happend to set same path (which 3d coat auto generate Exchange directory) long time without intention so I did not see issue ( except for 3dcoat2blender problem)

Then if new user can not detect where 3d coat will genearte Exchange ,  it is decided by your 3d coat data setting..

I do not know default, but  when user use "relocate 3d coat's data" ,  and click "OK" from 3d coat menu,   

after that, 3d coat generate" Exchange" folda as sub-folda of the "3d  coat data" directory.  then we need to set the Exchange  path in blender.

eg I set my 3d coat data path "I:/myfile/3dcoat/link/3D-CoatLink/"  then click OK. (to confirm) in 3d coat .

then Exchange should be auto generated as "I:/myfile/3dcoat/link/3D-CoatLink/Exchange/"

so we only need to select the 3d coat auto generate Exchange folda, in blender add on UI.

At same time this add on offer way to change folda which used to  "export object/texture" from blender  . that means you can choose where FBX will be exported for each saved scene.

The export object/texture path are saved as scene property. so if we need to keep the your custom folda,  you may need to save current scene. 

if you hope to use same export object/texture path for all new blender scene , you may need to save start up-file. , and keep the property as start up file scene property.

about old saved scene, it may try to use defalt, or current property which you can check in blender UI. (so sometimes you may need to change and save scene again, if it changed)

@tokikake Thanks a nice info. I may add this info too:

• If you install 3d-coat into default “Program Files” into your OS hard drive. Then you good to go. It should work without need to set any folders. It will look for your “/Documents/Applink/3D-Coat/Exchange” folder. That is the link folder between how these two apps listens each other.

• If your 3d-coat is different harddrive or you choose to change your exchange folder inside of your 3docat app. Then you need to tell applink where this Exchange folder is located. You can easily know where it is when you go to 3d-coat menu and choose. EDIT -> Relocate 3DCoat’s data.

And if you need to set your folder manually. It will save that path and use it next time. No need to set up every time when you fire up 3d-coat/blender applink.

Edited by haikalle