3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• Applink Developer

Hi Crispalonimo!

Have you already watched this video: https://vimeo.com/30723894 it helps to get started with the applink. I try to to answer if you have any questions about how to use it.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE WHO USES LATEST GRAPHICALL VERSIONS! Next release, 2.63 is getting new modelling core called bmesh. This will most likely break applink code.

If you want to make sure that applink works please use official 2.62 version for now. I will update the script that it will work on 2.63 official release.

This is the reason why Vertex paint support is on hold too.

• Advanced Member

NOTE FOR EVERYONE WHO USES LATEST GRAPHICALL VERSIONS! Next release, 2.63 is getting new modelling core called bmesh. This will most likely break applink code.

If you want to make sure that applink works please use official 2.62 version for now. I will update the script that it will work on 2.63 official release.

Thanks for the update haikalle and your hard work on this!

Hi Crispalonimo!

Have you already watched this video: https://vimeo.com/30723894 it helps to get started with the applink. I try to to answer if you have any questions about how to use it.

Boy, I missed several pages here...lol...thought I was at the end....well, good to know there is still more...I'll check out the video, but is there a manual on this anywhere? The first page showed what I thought was a link to one, but it wasn't a link.

Hi, yes, I had seen that video, but was hoping that the manual you have mentioned has been done, or that there would be more information on the wiki. I see a lot of settings in the applink, but not sure how each is used and when and for what. Will there be more information on these things for those who are still new to 3D Coat? I understand the Blender side of things and see the painting ability, but not sure on the other things yet.

Thank you. :)

• Applink Developer

I see a lot of settings in the applink,

HI! Make sure that you are using applink that comes with blender 2.62. The was older applink and there was many confusing settings. The new applink version (in blender 2.62) has very easy UI.

But I agreee. There is no a good manual for blender applink. There is only the video how to use it. But I will put wiki manual on my TODO list :)

• Advanced Member

Question, while playing with this I imported a cube. Paint on one side ok paints only on that face, flip the club to another side and paint, it painted on all of the face loops connected. Am I doing something wrong?

• Applink Developer

Hi Britain!

Hard to tell without more info. Take a look your uv map. Does it look a normal. I know that there is an issue where imported objects creates small and overlapped uv islands.

Maybe this is what happened to you too. You can fix it to unwrap your mesh again in 3d-coat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

tested just with 2.63.

imported a book, but after import in 3dcoat the book is stretched in z-axis

left: how it looks like in 3dcoat

right: how it looks like in blender

same there with official blender 2.62

post-9328-0-30471500-1338322149_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

had also an issue when painting on that streched book and trying to reimport in Blender. I clicked on update in Blender, but there only apeared an additional sphere out of nowhere :D, but i will test it again when im back home.

(Am i supposed to click on 'export to blender' first for reimporting? I thought the update button should be the way, when you coming from blender.

Additional info: As i said, i tried this with same issue in V2.62, but the book was modeled in V2.63)

• Applink Developer

(Am i supposed to click on 'export to blender' first for reimporting? I thought the update button should be the way, when you coming from blender.

Additional info: As i said, i tried this with same issue in V2.62, but the book was modeled in V2.63)

If you take an object from blender into 3d-coat use only File -> open in orginal app option. When you take an object from 3d-coat into blender then use export to -> blender.

had also an issue when painting on that streched book and trying to reimport in Blender. I clicked on update in Blender, but there only apeared an additional sphere out of nowhere :D, but i will test it again when im back home.

I'm also able to see it but I have no luck to repeat it. If you have steps how to see this bug that would be great.

• Advanced Member

thanks Haikalle i will test it,

i tried to install the script you have put in the archive, but i have same issue.

In fact i dont really know if it is the new version --> 3.5.20 ?

Is your applink also for 64bit?, because thats what i'm using

• Advanced Member

me again,

( i watched your manual-vid to confirm that i do the right steps.

but i cannot see the textured model in Blender?

What i did e.g.:

cube in blender --> transfer for per pixel painting to 3d coat --> paint some simple patterns--> open in original app --> switch to Blender an clicked update

but there isnt any texture that i can see, even within the texture bar is nothing

plus when clicking twice on update there is an error-message

(texture view is enabled)

tried this with 2.62 and 2.63 )

EDIT: do i have do create an UV before a transfer to 3dCoat? Because with that UV-Sphere it works.

-

post-9328-0-72201400-1338408298_thumb.jp

post-9328-0-91632300-1338408301_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

It should work with uv or without. Can you send the blend file again so I can take a look...it works in my tests...

nevermind, in two tests this early morning it worked all perfectly.... all maps are displayed now in the texture tool bar, too

Dont know whats the difference to tomorrow... :blink: or maybe im somehow dumb :D

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender 2.83 Applink