3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink

haikalle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Contributor

So Mac and Linux won't receive any video/documentation, some procedures to test?
I may have missed it, admittedly. But the omission on the official YouTube channel is peculiar.

Also, what if Blender is installed somewhere else?

Thanks!

Edited by Sorn

• Advanced Member

Importing an object back to blender from 3dcoat seems to give these errors, I updated the applink but I changed the blender installation location by mistake and that might have messed something.  Do you know how I can setup applink to work?  It works fine with blender 3.6 though. 

Capture.JPG

• 3 months later...

I've been struggling with this for several days and signed up just to ask this. All answers point to deleting Applink folder and it fixing everything. Unfortunately, that fixed nothing, and I'm getting the same issue. I've tried copying the files from 3DCoat script data to io_coat3d. A 3DC2Blender file was never created, nor was an Exchange_folder.txt so I manually created that. The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is the fact that my Documents is stored on a separate hard drive, but I tried creating 3DC2Blender folder on both drives and it didn't seem to matter. Trying to open project from 3DTextura to original application gives the prompts, but then nothing happens afterwards. Blender gives python errors when trying to export. Here are the errors:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 558, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_applink.pilgway_3d_coat()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 109, in __call__
    ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\__init__.py", line 569, in execute
    foundExchangeFolder, global_exchange_folder = folders.InitFolders()
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\addons\io_coat3D\folders.py", line 23, in InitFolders
    os.mkdir(DC2Folder)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'C:\\Users\\Liz\\Documents\\3DC2Blender'
Location: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 4.0\4.0\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:109

Hi 

As of today, 3DCoatTextura Applink for Blender is not available, unfortunately. We are looking into a possibility to implement it in future.

Sidenote: here you can read a more detailed walkthrough

9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

As of today, 3DCoatTextura Applink for Blender is not available, unfortunately. We are looking into a possibility to implement it in future.

Ok, that's wild, because Textura was detecting I had Blender and popping up saying it will install/update Applink. So that is very misleading if it doesn't actually work.