3DCoat Forums

Garagarape sketchbook

Garagarape

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Oh my! Didn't post anything for two years...

This thread is almost dead. I'm afraid I can't be as active as before.

But I'm happy to see great Artworks in the gallery (Especially the kind of Mate Painting Stuff).

Just a quick doodle (2 days during spare time and lunch time).

Basic skull (What we all have inside):

skelton_04.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 11:41 PM, Garagarape said:

Thank you Javis! It's hot here in Japan.
My brain is about to melt :) I'll try to do something
nice, but I don't know when.

Did you make new stuff like the great MadMax car I saw on FB?
Cheers!

Hey! No kidding, it's been hot over here as well. I don't like that kind of heat, luckily this week it's mostly raining. :)

I haven't had much time to work on personal stuff for the last few years, both good and bad I suppose! I like being employed but, it's nice to work on some really cool stuff now and then too. How about you?

PS - Sorry for the slow reply. Been traveling a lot lately for work and crunch on projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thank you for your message Javis. No problem for slow replies! I'm much more slower than you :)
People don't reply much messages here in Japan except if it's done with chatting application like "Line" (Kind of What'sapp like soft).
Message flow is... like rain. It's like trying to catch a bucket of water with a colander... Email era is about to end, may be? (No nostalgia here, but...) 
Same here about work: though I can use 3dCoat at work from time to time, I lack time to start new personal stuff.
Well... It is not because I work too much. There's always a way to find time for passion and hobby.
I've been writing short stories and trying to draw comics. May be that's because my company don't pay enough attention to
story making in the games we develop. It pushed me out of game company bounds (tried to convince people around that graphics
even if they look good, need a good concept and story, but failed) and now I kind of like other expression media such as podcasts
or novels.
But! I'm not giving up on graphics. I started a new character for a friend writing Science-Fiction novel. I'll post a few shots here,
but probably after the trip in Greenville SC in august.
Cheers! 

• Advanced Member

Some rocks done at work for a game developed in Unity.
It's old way (No substance stuff, no shader that automatically put snow allong Y axis, no texture density adaptation from camera distance).
Old things, but funny to sculpt.

rochers_pas_suchar_01.jpg

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

I've tried to put some clothes on her (shouldn't let a lady naked too long even if she's an android).
But her body shape and face are still too rough. The clothes will come later...
A bit of tweaking green channel picture to make it more classy (totally unnecessary at this step of the work, I know).

androide_07.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Refined the whole shape a bit.
I'm having trouble with the skin shader when rendering in the render room.
I probably don't know how to use it. The character looks flat with almost all the
details and relief informations washed away... Using another shader until I understand
the problem.

androide_08.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I'm not giving up on the android girl, but I re-arranged an old work made in 3dCoat
a few years ago, just to change my mind. It's not high class, but anyway. I kinf
of like it, even (or because?) if the tank doesn't fit the environement lighting.

phantom_tank_01.jpg

• Like 1