3DCoat Forums

Maya appLink

Styler

• 2 weeks later...

Pawel_

Do you have any non-ASCII symbols in your paths? (C:/Users/UserName or in current Maya project path)

Pavel_K

What exactly is not working? Do you have any error messages? Please double check that Exchange Dir is synced with your 3dcoat version

### Note they both have the same version ###

3D-Coat Path: C:/Program Files/3D-Coat-V4.7.06/3D-CoatGL64C.exe
Exchange Dir: C:/Users/xxx/Documents/3D-CoatV47/Exchange

Edited by Styler

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new user to 3d coat, I have managed to get the Maya applink working, i can export my object to 3d coat fine, but i don't seem to be able to get it back to Maya as the demo video shows, is there a video that shows the process in getting the model and/or textures back to Maya (preferably one that is not 3+years old.

I have done the following, in 3d coat, file -> Export to -> Maya. when I do this, it opens Maya 2016, so far so good, it then brings up the window for specifying what I want exporting and how, but I just leave it to default, I click okay, a small progress window pops up in 3d coat showing which texture map types are being exported, and then.....nothing. Maya does not open the object, and when I attempt (this is just a guess as there is little to no information about the process of getting things from 3d coat to Maya) click the import button in the 3d coat app link, I only get a small yellow dialogue window at the bottom of Maya saying '# Warning: <Applink> No information for processing import' In Maya I have the 'Exchange dir' location to Documents/3D_coatv47/Exchange, and this is the same place i export my object in 3d coat. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

So I am just trying out the maya>3d coat applink for the first time. I have the following stats on software...

3d Coat 4.7.06

Maya 2015

Win7 64bit

So I cannot see any place in the Coat shelf within maya that will send my subdivided objects into the sculpt room. Is this not supported?

The applink is working as I can do all the other functions, but surface sculpt is one of the main ones I need.

Please help :)

• Contributor

I'm also running into the same problem. Although I can export a mesh from maya to 3dcoat using the export to voxel option, I cannot seem to import back into Maya. The weird thing is If I export from Maya as a paintable mesh, into 3dcoat, I don't have  a problem importing it back into Maya.

It would be great to get the voxel import into maya working.

Thanks for any help. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

>> Any chance of making a 2017 LT applink?
No. Maya LT has only embedded MEL script language. If someone else will decide to write it, I don't mind =)

>> So I cannot see any place in the Coat shelf within maya that will send my subdivided objects into the sculpt room. Is this not supported?
It's actually kinda of possible. Use "microvertex painting" mode for exporting your model from Maya and don't forget to set "Export Resolution" to "MID-POLY" in Options tab. In 3D-Coat import dialog set desirable subdivision for the mesh in "Display Resolution" dropbox. Do your painting/sculpting. After importing back to Maya you should have the same subdivided model as in 3d-coat.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm trying to get this applink to work but don't know what's wrong. I've installed the plugin and the shelf and everything in maya shows up but when I try to send an object to 3DCoat it will open the program but the object isn't there.

I'm using Maya 2017 and 3DCoat-V4.5

Not sure if there's some step I'm missing? 

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I have a new update. Currently in beta

v.2.2.0-beta.jpg.7a7a0d2a065072b0385b080bb021f9e6.jpgmanual_settings.jpg.6e3cae0d675e205f113a274323796706.jpg

What's new:

• Now you can choose one of 2 approaches. "Use manual setting" uses old method. When you click "Show" button a new dialog will appear where you can find all familiar options plus some extra.
  • In release version will be introduced a new method, using presets. it's temporarily locked, because Andrey have to fix some issues in 3D-Coat, first.
  • From this version you'll be able to choose a shader type for imported object. Currently supported Software and MR, I'll putting more in upcoming versions. (Note!  You have to load Mentalray plugin before running applink. If you still can't see it in settings, try to unload/load applink and run it again).

Found a bug? Report it here. Thanks!

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.2.0-beta.zip

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hello & Thank you very much for this plugin!
I believe I found a small bug: Whenever you export from Maya and let the plugin (!) start 3D-Coat, for some reason, the "File -> Export" feature in 3D-Coat is disabled. You have to manually go to another "room" in 3D-Coat first to make this option available again. This only happens the first time when you want to export something from Maya and 3D-Caot is started by the plugin (I attached a screenshot of the problem).

MPLGMAY.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi @Styler,

I have a quick question, regarding Maya export, i downloaded the latest (beta) app link for Maya, and i’m testing it with Maya 2018.
The objects are sent to 3DCoat BUT once i have to re import them this happens:

- from 3D coat, i see MAYA in file / export but it’s greyed out. I know it's a bug that says i do not own a commercial license (which is not the case) but anyhow it does not export to maya.

- In maya, via the app link UI, the IMPORT button says : “no information for processing input” . I also tried to export “normally” inside the exchange directory, but nothing changes.

NOW:

i can still export and go to Maya with a "standard" export procedure and as i use Arnold unfortunately there’s no way to send textures and attach them to a AIStandard Material (would be a dream) so in any case i will have to re link manually, but this is such a great piece of software that a more direct communication between the softwares would be the ICING on an already AMAZING CAKE.

I really hope i’m doing something wrong here and you can solve this,
thanks 

Marco

marcoi

On 09/01/2018 at 6:37 PM, marcoi said:

- from 3D coat, i see MAYA in file / export but it’s greyed out. I know it's a bug that says i do not own a commercial license (which is not the case) but anyhow it does not export to maya.

I had exactly the same problem on MacOs.The old solution was to run  3d-coat before doing export operation from Maya. The latest version 4.8.08 should not have this problem with license detection. Just tried and it works indeed. High Sierra introduced a few more bugs (god damn), but they're not critical.

On 09/01/2018 at 6:37 PM, marcoi said:

- In maya, via the app link UI, the IMPORT button says : “no information for processing input” . I also tried to export “normally” inside the exchange directory, but nothing changes.

Be sure that you've set paths correctly:

/Applications/3D-Coat/4-8/3D-Coat.app
/Users/username/3D-CoatV48/Exchange

version 2.2.1
Fixed:
- The way of detection "is 3D-Coat already running or not" (MacOS)

3dcoat_for_maya_v2.2.1-beta.zip

Edited by Styler

• Carlosan changed the title to Maya appLink