3DCoat Forums

Adding SpacePilot Pro button support?

Bony

Are there any plans to support the 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro? I know there is some support in 3D coat at the moment for the basic 3DX mouse, but it is limited. It would be really handy to be able to take advantage of the programmable buttons for Fit and the orhtographic views (among many other things). 3DS Max takes advantage of the other buttons, and I really like jumping between 3DC and Max using the SpacePilot Pro.

I don't seem to be able to associate 3DC actions with the SpacePilot Pro buttons from the 3DX control panel, so it appears it would need to be done within 3DC.

Bony

• Reputable Contributor

Are there any plans to support the 3Dconnexion SpacePilot Pro? I know there is some support in 3D coat at the moment for the basic 3DX mouse, but it is limited. It would be really handy to be able to take advantage of the programmable buttons for Fit and the orhtographic views (among many other things). 3DS Max takes advantage of the other buttons, and I really like jumping between 3DC and Max using the SpacePilot Pro.

I don't seem to be able to associate 3DC actions with the SpacePilot Pro buttons from the 3DX control panel, so it appears it would need to be done within 3DC.

Bony

I'm able to assign shortcut keys to 3DX with my Space Pilot. I think you may need to save out your profile and toggle to your 3DC config. It usually does by default when I open 3DC. One thing that might be throwing you off is if you have Max or Photoshop open while 3DC is open...sometimes 3DX gets confused which app you're using. Still you should be able to toggle to the configs you have saved. I have one for 3DC in general, and a few different ones for Voxels, Retopo and Paint.

I'm able to assign shortcut keys to 3DX with my Space Pilot. I think you may need to save out your profile and toggle to your 3DC config. It usually does by default when I open 3DC. One thing that might be throwing you off is if you have Max or Photoshop open while 3DC is open...sometimes 3DX gets confused which app you're using. Still you should be able to toggle to the configs you have saved. I have one for 3DC in general, and a few different ones for Voxels, Retopo and Paint.

Thanks for your response. It's good to know that it's possible to make it work as-is, but I still can't make 3DC respond to any function buttons on my SpacePilot. I can use the custom functions on the SpacePilot to work in other apps but not for 3DC. It's a mystery. I'm going to try it on my other rig and see if I can get it to work there.