3DCoat Forums

Digman's Cravings

digman

• Reputable Contributor

I forgot to mention this as well, Take real clay, plaster etc and create a real world sculpture. Then photogrammetry the sculpture. I plan on doing that  too. B)  

Ah, thought of another use. Create by hand a landscape. You get to play in the sand and mud again like a kid creating your landscape. Photogrammetry the landscape. Use 3DC to create a height map for it to import into Unreal 4 for your landscape. 

Another test... Exterior small bank by the bay close to where I live... 

Photos taken were de-lighted using Lightroom and then reprojected in Photoscan onto the low polygon mesh.  Retopo mesh 512 quads polys. Baked for nomal map.

Not really a game ready model but this is the process to get there... A good friend and I are going to make an Unreal 4 level just for fun...

Rendered in 3DC.

Grass_Bank.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Started to think of a humanoid design today. Did a simple mock-up and a 2D over paint to get an idea how to further progress the model...

Just still got to love 3DC for concepting sketching in 3D...

Capture_124.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

This time an ornamental doodle... Lazy sunday... BBQ, wine then 3DC doodling, mucho fun...

5k appox autopo polygons--- normal mapped.

chest Or_01.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Photoscan model. 

I took the model and wipe drywall mud over the bust before taking the photoscan photos.

Did some minor fixing up in the sculpt room.

Over painted to get the effect I wanted in TwistedBrush.

Man of Sorrows...

Jesus_01.png

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
52 minutes ago, Tony Nemo said:

To clarify, "drywall mud" is white and I suspect it was used to cover a polychrome bust.  Nice job, David.

You got it Tony, :declare: It was a test, The object was plastic and about 6 inches tall. Flat latex varnish would have worked too. I liked the effect on the scan mesh. could have sculpted it off but like it...

Edited by digman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

@ Garagarape... It was to cut the gloss on the object. An experiment but I ended up liking the effect...

Part of a 360 painting following Jama Jurabaev's tutorial on 360 painting using 3DC coat. 

I cut out part then did some post work in TwistedBrush for the style I liked...

Eons.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

Cool updates... Can I ask what software you use for photo scanning?

Cheers

• Reputable Contributor
9 hours ago, kenmo said:

Cool updates... Can I ask what software you use for photo scanning?

Cheers

Photoscan Standard version. $180.00 US dollars.  This version will do most everything a general 3D artist needs. The outputted mesh can be in the millions of polygons or decimated. 

The quality of your mesh, depends upon a lots of factors not addressed here. I have learned more since these images were posted.  Though if looking for a quick scan mesh just to have a base to start from the process is not as involved and works well. Sometimes you want a quick mesh to start sculpting on in 3DC. You are not so worried about noise on the mesh and do not need the textures. That process only takes a cell phone camera. For quality scans I use a Sony a6000 that will shoot in the Raw format.

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

Thanks kindly for the reply....Appreciate it...

• 2 years later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Since getting my computer back, brushing up on Photogrammery again. 

Agisoft Photoscan or Metashape as it is called now.

First picture,  Photoscan.

2nd picture, 3DC render room low polygon version with 2k textures and normal map.

Textures or not delighted but will be. Looking at Unity's delighting tool. 

Tree_Trunk.jpg

Tree_Trunk_2k.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Playing around with Teya Conceptor.  Kitbashing Teya Conceptor brushes and a few of my own plus about 3 models in 3DC's collection.

3DC shaders. Rendered in 3DC. Postwork: Twistedbrush.

done2.jpg

• Like 3