3DCoat Forums

Digman's Cravings

digman

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks Tony and Garagarpe...

Ok, another update. This model is going to be for animation in Blender. I'm working to get past the doodle stage of my work. Doodling is fun but I want to do more finish work as my energy level has inceased do to better health.

The body is next to fix / detail and a number of little fixes all around the scene. I think I got past the doodle stage but this model could be more detailed but will end here on the most part except on the fixes...

6,400.000 polygons in the entire scene. 3DCoat still amazes me on how much work you can do on limited number of polygons...

The shaders on the model are stand-ins for now.

post-518-0-37907000-1350510849_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I'm the doodle man that is for sure... :D

Here is a small update on the flower goddess...

About ready to start detailing out. listening to the rolling stones " you got me rockin now"...

post-518-0-75512700-1352001449_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Rendered in 3DCoat with 3 lights. I jacked up the intensity beyond 1.000 on each light. Post bloom added in Gimp. Quick vertex painting to give some life to the image.

5 individuals including the one on the base...

• Reputable Contributor

A couple 2d painting converted to 3D with adjustments... either building some with the brush or adding brush stroke texture to the paintings.

imported for "images as mesh"...

Rendered in 3DCoat.

post-518-0-04010600-1352698569_thumb.jpe

post-518-0-12181000-1352700521_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Another 2D to 3D conversion using the move tool and some brushes...

I started to watch the 7th seal but for some reason, maybe too much beer... I did not get very far... kinda fuzzy... :blink:

This one is titled " The Angry Thief "

post-518-0-52938700-1353364134_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah, I kinda went overboard. Though he is not the Christ but is one of the two thieves

"One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

He was pretty pissed off at that moment that Jesus would not save him from being strung up on a cross...

He did not have to be in pain very long, the romans came shortly and broke his legs and the other's thief too. The died pretty fast after that....

• Contributor

The most gruesome depiction of a similar fate (Impalement) is in Ivo Andric's "The Bridge Over the Drina".. The object was to drive a stake from the crotch to the upper back without damaging major organs so that the prisoner could survive as long as possible (in this case 14 hours). I read this decades ago so you can see how long these horrors can persist in memory (I don't recall where I was when I read it, for instance).

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Here is a new concept sculpt. I started a big nose on a sphere and then thought why not make a tracker creature who uses his smell to track his quarry...

400,000 polygons in surface mode for the base concept sculpt. I like keeping the polygons low at first. That way I can go back and correct the anatomy or change features...

post-518-0-76095100-1358049022_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Another 340,000 polygon surface mode concept sculpt... of course the normal fixing his anatomy for final work, etc...

@Tony Nemo, The tracker has a better sense of smell than a blood hound, so does not need his nose struck in the dirt all the time... He is similar to the Sniffer in Robert Jordan's series of books "The wheel of time" :D

post-518-0-69709400-1358143488_thumb.jpe