3DCoat Forums
digman

Digman's Cravings

Another WIP priest concept, Number 2. He is a little older...

Started from a 14,000 voxel sphere. Still in Voxel mode...

post-518-0-17138000-1403910329_thumb.jpg

Older Priest Number #3...

Yes, he is a little bugged eye but some vertex painting and 2D postwork (TwistedBrush) gives me the chance to think about further 3D work...

post-518-0-24850800-1404159290_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

That number 2 front/side profile shot of him reminds me of some old-time British actor or something...but can't recall who exactly!

The older painted version not so much, which is probably a good thing ;) Any special plans for this guy?

Edited by Cowtail

@Cowtail. He might be animated at some future date.

I got inspired to do a female sculpture. Blank hair in just a stand in for now to help with over all shape. Hair is my weakness point, so I got a tutorial on doing hair...

Keeping the softness of the female form is tough. It is so easy to turn a girl into a man...

Early Wip, more eye work and over all stuff, etc....

post-518-0-00159600-1404511407_thumb.png

Edited by digman

Added ears and did some more eyelid work. I have not broken symmetry yet plus still not sure of the final pose...

post-518-0-90938800-1404544038_thumb.png

Edited by digman

She looks quite feminine. She did age somewhat from a young woman to a more mature figure.

She looks quite feminine. She did age somewhat from a young woman to a more mature figure.

I think it is just the lighting and postion in that image that make her look older...,

She looks younger in this image.

Created a base garment for her, on to adding folds to it..

All voxels work. Total scene 3.5 million voxels so far...

post-518-0-17956600-1404678970_thumb.png

Edited by digman

That one looks a lot better.

Yes Alvordr, I test alot of styles and effects while I am in the Wip process.

This is a wip Blender cycles test to see what the sculpture will look under GI lighting and adjust the sculpture as needed.

I broke symmetry, creating a pose so touching up in areas still needed.

post-518-0-01130700-1404704827_thumb.png

• Like 1

Nice work.  Have you ever used Cheetah3D?

I seen Cheetah3D but never used it. I, after trying so many different pieces of software down through the years, I am just sticking with a few now. I done sowed my wild oats... LOL

This is an early wip test scene using Blender Cycles and a little postwork in Twistebrush.

post-518-0-90370600-1405101852_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

Final posted here and the finals gallery...

post-518-0-24672500-1405128347_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 3

Nicely done!  The base of the pedestal looks off...meaning it looks like it belongs to a wooden one, rather than a marble one.  I may be wrong, but it's the only thing I noticed at first glance.

Damn good sculpt worth renaissance sculptors , but the only thing that bothers me is the pedestal (not the table). It just doesn't fit well with the beauty of the sculpture. IMHO this part of the model should be rough and "smoothly" mix with the bust. That part doesn't look like it was sculpted by a human being.

Edited by ajz3d

@alvordr and ajz3d... Yeah, you both are right. I will go back and rework the base. Thanks for the input...

Great bust digman. :)

Speaking of bust, it looks a bit like some nipple shape behind the top of the blouse, but if so they seem very high up, anatomically speaking. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nipples, but I think in this case the sculpt would work better without.

Fine work in any case. Inspiring scene too, very Pompeiian.

Great bust digman. :)

Speaking of bust, it looks a bit like some nipple shape behind the top of the blouse, but if so they seem very high up, anatomically speaking. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for nipples, but I think in this case the sculpt would work better without.

Fine work in any case. Inspiring scene too, very Pompeiian.

I think that is an illusion created by the location of the bottom of the bust. If the bust ended at the nipples, it would look anatomically correct.

Took an older sculpture of mine and did some 2D overpainting in an android paint app and then a iPad photo adjusting app for the filter... A little holiday fun...

post-518-0-02755600-1419447966_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 3