3D Coat Forums
digman

Digman's Cravings

Just a test of putting one of my paintings inside a frame... Maybe someday make a 3D walkthrough gallery of some of my 2D artwork...

post-518-0-01326500-1353194018_thumb.jpe

Just a test of putting one of my paintings inside a frame... Maybe someday make a 3D walkthrough gallery of some of my 2D artwork...

A good idea! I have contemplated doing something similar.

Nice one! I like the character and the left-sided composition.

Though it is in color, it reminds me a bit of "The Seventh Seal" atmosphere.

Did you see this movie? No special effects or brutal camera rush,

but something strong and spiritual in it.

Another 2D to 3D conversion using the move tool and some brushes...

I started to watch the 7th seal but for some reason, maybe too much beer... I did not get very far... kinda fuzzy... :blink:

This one is titled " The Angry Thief "

post-518-0-52938700-1353364134_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

Yeah, I kinda went overboard. Though he is not the Christ but is one of the two thieves

"One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"

He was pretty pissed off at that moment that Jesus would not save him from being strung up on a cross...

He did not have to be in pain very long, the romans came shortly and broke his legs and the other's thief too. The died pretty fast after that....

The most gruesome depiction of a similar fate (Impalement) is in Ivo Andric's "The Bridge Over the Drina".. The object was to drive a stake from the crotch to the upper back without damaging major organs so that the prisoner could survive as long as possible (in this case 14 hours). I read this decades ago so you can see how long these horrors can persist in memory (I don't recall where I was when I read it, for instance).

Here is a new concept sculpt. I started a big nose on a sphere and then thought why not make a tracker creature who uses his smell to track his quarry...

400,000 polygons in surface mode for the base concept sculpt. I like keeping the polygons low at first. That way I can go back and correct the anatomy or change features...

post-518-0-76095100-1358049022_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

Another 340,000 polygon surface mode concept sculpt... of course the normal fixing his anatomy for final work, etc...

@Tony Nemo, The tracker has a better sense of smell than a blood hound, so does not need his nose struck in the dirt all the time... He is similar to the Sniffer in Robert Jordan's series of books "The wheel of time" :D

post-518-0-69709400-1358143488_thumb.jpe

"better" than a bloodhound! Wow! That's impressive! But 'stinks' would have to evoke a pleasurable sensation much like a dog's.

Starting to work over the anatomy now... I made a mistake and saved the placeholder teeth. I will have to flatten them out and make a new layer just for the teeth...

post-518-0-84076700-1358462845_thumb.jpe

• Like 1

Nice work on your last character Digman!

You're pushing the limits.

Remembers me a bit of Ree-Yees (hope you don't dislike Star Wars) :)

My next step before retopo is to finalize the anatomy, work the teeth and then start retopoing. I know the anatomy is not perfect but close enough for this sculpt. I can always return and fixed it up later.

1,800,000 polygons in surface mode for the body...

post-518-0-02058600-1358568629_thumb.jpe

Good progress! I like the tail a lot.

Did you made it straight in order to put bones in it more easily?

You did a great work on the hands! Will you refine the feet too?

I bet it will look like goat legs in the end.

Garagarape, Thanks for comments... B)

You are correct the tail is straight for adding bones plus the whole model is more or less in a relaxed position for adding a Blender rig.

The hands under close inspection need work but I'm glad you like them.

The feet, I was thinking more along the lines of horse or cow hooves... They do need more defining.

I'm a doodler but do desire as I get more physical energy to bump the work up to the next level...

Ok Tony, you won be over to cloven hooves, I will final out some anatomy fixes and the teeth, then off to retopo... Oh yeah, he needs a tongue, almost forgot... :blink:

post-518-0-22369300-1358701886_thumb.jpe

• Like 2

I went ahead and manually retopoed the body as there are no major changes left do that will effect the retopo mesh. Now I can think about painting the body...

Teeth and eyes still do...

Image is with a normal map created with no subdivision levels. 2850 polygons...

post-518-0-34038500-1358834246_thumb.jpe

• Like 2

I took a break from surface mode to rediscover voxel mode though I did switch to surface mode for a little vertex painting...

A wip of an old man started from the default skull.. I got rid of the default nose and ears... This is an early wip, I just put in some temporary holder detail on him so I could bring the image into Twistedbrush for some overpainting and think about what kind of old man he will be.

1,000,000 voxels so far, not surface mode yet...

Lots to do and fix and very symmetrical at the moment...

Edit---- added a 30 minute overpaint to get an idea what kind of old man he can be...

post-518-0-35897700-1359433484_thumb.jpg

post-518-0-10812100-1359437859_thumb.jpg