3DCoat Forums

Digman's Cravings

digman

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks all for your comments of late... :rofl:

I finished the first pass at blocking end the general form, I have my pose so now off to fix (mucho) and detail some anatomy. Walking over to my anatomy books. mmm, what page is feet on, oh darn, yeah just take my socks off, Oh god not those toes.... :blink:

Sculpting started from a sphere which is my favorite when creating a human body. Grab that clay and start banging it around... :moil:

Well, I really want to finish this work for the Finished works gallery... wish me luck, mental energy, a kick in the rump... or maybe some good Mexican Beer to ease the suffering...

Edit: I added a wip snake dragon type creature and helmet to the scene... I will now need to close the fingers better around the snake creature plus add a small killing sword on the pillar...

post-518-0-36391000-1372272547_thumb.png

post-518-0-58248800-1372296707_thumb.png

• Reputable Contributor

Starting to mock up a scene. Columns, Walls, floors, textures etc.. are all just stand ins for the final ones. Also started to sculpt out a women in the scene but stopped and have not proceeded on the man either. The reason Michalis started a thread at Blenderartist about anatomy which has generated a lot of comments...

I have taken some a time off to examine my approach to the art of human form... I want this work when done to go into the final gallery thus I need to stretch my limits...

Link to the thread.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?298671-What-s-your-opinion-on-anatomy

post-518-0-17706600-1372730943_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Starting to mock up a scene. Columns, Walls, floors, textures etc.. are all just stand ins for the final ones. Also started to sculpt out a women in the scene but stopped and have not proceeded on the man either. The reason Michalis started a thread at Blenderartist about anatomy which has generated a lot of comments...

I have taken some a time off to examine my approach to the art of human form... I want this work when done to go into the final gallery thus I need to stretch my limits...

Link to the thread.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?298671-What-s-your-opinion-on-anatomy

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Just a doodle idea  I came up with using the new settings for our brushes in surface mode... I think the Rapid2 Brush will become my basic building brush... I waiting for the Linux version 4.0.06 to be released. The brushes got some more improvements, I'm looking forward to testing them out.

Humanoid type character, maybe a priest or a chief... Just doodle ideas and very rough still, nothing is permanent at the moment.

845,000 polygons for the scene so far...

post-518-0-58094900-1374380500_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Just a doodle idea  I came up with using the new settings for our brushes in surface mode... I think the Rapid2 Brush will become my basic building brush... I waiting for the Linux version 4.0.06 to be released. The brushes got some more improvements, I'm looking forward to testing them out.

Humanoid type character, maybe a priest or a chief... Just doodle ideas and very rough still, nothing is permanent at the moment.

845,000 polygons for the scene so far...

Pretty cool. :good:

• Contributor

What an intriguing character. The shape of his large lips, characteristic nose, large head and short body reminds me of a Chninkel race from the Le grand pouvoir du Chninkel graphic novel by Jean Van Hamme and Grzegorz Rosiński (1986-1987).

What is the object on the side of his head? Its shape is similar to a hand wearing a bracelet, but my mind thinks otherwise. Is it hair? Or maybe it's something of a ceremonial nature, something bound to the crown?

• Reputable Contributor

@ ajz3d. Yes it will be a hand on the side as part of his head gear. He started from a 14,000 sphere, 3DCoat does not limit our imagination, I saw a shape and went for it...

@ Garagarape,  maybe I will be inspired to do some rig making and animation since he is in the default position and very symmetrical, though I will sleep on it or I'm just lazy... :lazy:  

Sculpted out some wip legs and arms... Hands, I got lazy on and boolean them in.. Feet, knees fixes and general anatomy work all over still needs to be done...

post-518-0-26074200-1374635802_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I'm still loving the ability of 3DCoat to knock out ideas in low voxel count that later can be worked over for a final work... The body of the man is 70,000 voxels minus the hands.  Sometimes I just like generating an idea and then setting it aside for later work... He started from a 14,000 voxel sphere and of course at this stage very rough but readable.

You then can have some fun in your 2D paint program...

post-518-0-20050600-1374879996_thumb.jpg

post-518-0-70412200-1374884223_thumb.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Or maybe>>>

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep

• Reputable Contributor

For about 6 days, I've worked on learning some of the rigging (rigify rig) and animation tools Blender has to offer.  I posted this video a few days ago but then removed it but what the heck, here is the two seconds in all it's glory. :wacko:

I have been reworking the rig, added bones for the tail, bone for the lower jaw. etc..  Attaching new bones to a pre -generated rig like rigify, well, there were a few moments of what the H%$#^LL is going on. LOL

YOU! better give me back my dentures, Right Now!! he saids in the pics. Yes he needs his teeth.

A fun, frustrating and challenging time the last 6 days have been...

The creature is very much wip still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCujPdQnlic&feature=youtu.be

post-518-0-47999800-1375732983_thumb.png

post-518-0-98359500-1375733046_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

David, that's not bad at all. Subtle movements are key, alongside major movements. I can see that you're going for a Raaawwwww or some sort and I'm sure you'll be able to rig mouth movements with not too much additional stress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Some say, the old trees still breathe the ancient air....

This is an ongoing wip of Blender's camera mapping and postwork in TwistedBrush

You might lose my shadow contrast because how we all set our monitor brightness to different levels. You can always save the image use your 2D paint program to get it back...

post-518-0-29063800-1376944568_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I have not seen that one before, I liked it alot...

These two tutorials are for animated camera mapping...

http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/camera-mapping-tutorial-v2/

http://www.cgmasters.net/free-tutorials/camera-mapping-an-island/

For anyone reading this post be sure to get the plug-in "Blam" for helping to setup the 3D camera.

https://github.com/stuffmatic/blam

I will revisit this image as it an early wip and maybe add some animated camera mapping...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I don't think I have time to be in the alien challenge but was interesting to think of an idea...  Post work in TB to give me some ideas... Yes the teeth are very bad...

Oh  yeah, I'm back at least for a while...  Back to the world of software... :dash2:

Howdy to all my friends and Andrew plus Raul.

I am liking the new auto-retopo very much...

post-518-0-29920500-1382141975_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 1