3DCoat Forums

clothing designer - looks very nice

robotbob

• Contributor

Thank you SO MUCH.

I've been really waiting for this! :)

Last time I looked for something like that it ended up being a 10 000$ range app.

No prices are announced for this one yet but hopefully it wont be that expensive.

Thanx again!

Thank you SO MUCH.

I've been really waiting for this! :)

Last time I looked for something like that it ended up being a 10 000$ range app.

No prices are announced for this one yet but hopefully it wont be that expensive.

Thanx again!

BTW they quietly announced the price in the forum where someone was asking. $99 for personal use $699 for commercial use. pretty big difference.

just 99 USD for Personal (non-commercial) license with the full design functionalities(http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/Marvelous/Features.aspx), and 699 USD for small-business (individual for commercial purpose and company with less than 10 employees). The official announcement will be made in this week with the payment system.

• Contributor

BTW they quietly announced the price in the forum where someone was asking. $99 for personal use $699 for commercial use. pretty big difference.

Thanx for finding info! :) That is still far from 10000$...At 99$ I will definitely buy this.

• 2 years later...

I know we now have a cloth tool in 3D Coat, are there any tutorials in 3D Coat for using this tool to make clothes?

I'm finding that after watching how snug the clothes fit on the character mesh in Marvelous Designer, trying to achieve a similar look for a pair of pants in 3D Coat has been quite a challenge.

I find that at the top of the pants they either sit way too loose or they get stuck inside the mesh, if only there were a way to have the cloth snap to the mesh before the simulation process starts, it would provide way better results.. then again it could be difficult to do things like flared pants .. hmm

If the new EPS Import starts to work, we can then start to build up our clothing designs in 2D just like they do in Marvelous Designer and then have the mesh stitching for vertices applied.. and THEN have the design fit onto the mesh.  

Actually if you could add in those rings like you can with the strokes took in the retopo room but only 1 at a time and upon dragging it in, you then set it's influence... well pretty much the same as the pose tool in the voxel room though you can't use that tool right now to modify the clothing mesh until after it's already created... well not so hard hmm

NVM I think i just figured it out hahaha you build the mesh and get it to look as close as you can preferably with the cloth not intercepting with the mesh.. then just use pose after you export the cloth.. and you should be able to pose it so it fits all snug.

Does anyone know if for a game character, the clothes are meant to be a Solid Mesh ..where they have no open faces, or should they be as is created with the cloth tool so if you see inside the mesh it looks invisible?

I would have thought that the later was what you do, but perhaps in most games now days it's better to have it setup so that it's an actual solid mesh...

I am not able to find an easy way to retopologise things like a T-Shirt or Vest  ... open or closed.. either way .. open.. it just glitches since it's not a closed mesh..

closed, it has a very close inside surface to the outside surface... or do you simply bake a retopo mesh that wraps around the outside only and uses influence spheres to map occlusion depth where the neck, arms and waist holes are?

I'm pretty clueless to a lot of this stuff and am trying to figure out how the more experienced users create clothing and retopologize it.  I would prefer to use 3D Coat for this if possible as I do not have the funds to afford something like Marvelous Designer.

it exports in obj and one other file format i forget at this second what

but ... yes it's really cool software.... and wow it is expensive 

I can't locate that cheap 99 dollar price these days, I'd say that was way back when it first came out.  it's now around 400 to 600 depending on if you go standard or pro..