3DCoat Forums

Vader gas mask

philnolan3d

• Advanced Member

I like this way of modeling, well done so far. :good:

I'm experimenting with hard surfaces these days. Actually its a first class base for organic modeling phil. Gives some structure to clay sculpting.

Easier to compose using simple geometrical forms. Just smooth, move and pinch, then some details.

• Advanced Member

I can't wait for the moment when I can become a freelancer. You must be smiling from ear to ear with such positive feedback at this early stage.

Great modelling Phil, as usual. Great idea with the numbers. So nice to see such fantastic work using just LW and 3DC.

Look forward to the updates.

Ricky.

Thanks, I always have happy clients :) Well except for one guy who was a complete nut about detail, everything being exactly right down the millimeter. Eventually he was satisfied though.

The tough part is getting that first gig, I got lucky and mine was from my uncle, who is president of his company. That is still one of my highest paying projects to date.

• Advanced Member

Thanks, I always have happy clients :) Well except for one guy who was a complete nut about detail, everything being exactly right down the millimeter. Eventually he was satisfied though.The tough part is getting that first gig, I got lucky and mine was from my uncle, who is president of his company. That is still one of my highest paying projects to date.

Yes, but I bet it was even more pressure with your first gigi being a family member! I use LW and 3DC for small parts of my current day to day job, but I need to get my backside into gear and get my freelance site up. And then try and get my first gig.

Will you post a textured version of the model when it's done? Really looking forward to seeing it.

All the best,

Ricky.

Actually the hardest part was that my uncle is French and has a very strong accent so understanding what he wanted over the phone was not easy. He also didn't use email so he would hand write like 7 pages of instructions for each update and FedEx them to me. He also had horrible handwriting. lol I could never get it, he graduated Valedictorian from MIT but hated computers.

This model won't be textured, they just want the high res mesh but I will post the finished result.

• Advanced Member

Yes the end client is a company that sells fancy equipment for big rig truckers. Apparently those guys have a lot of extra cash to deck out their trucks. This is a variation on their current logo, which is just 2D vector art.Thanks.

Yep, I've watched Ice Road Truckers and those sort of guys/girls have a lot of extra cash to spend... and their trucks are pride and joy.

• 2 weeks later...