3DCoat Forums

3D Coat blog by Christoph Werrner

Taros

Hello together,

I am happy to announce my new 3D Coat blog on blogspot.com.

You will find there news and tips about one of our most favorite apps.

:)

I would be happy if you visit my blog. I will try to post tipps and infos about 3D Coat as often as possible.

The blog adress is easy to remember: http://3dcoat.blogspot.com

Best wishes

Chris

lol RT is retweet (like repeat). For example if Andrew Tweets about a new version of 3DC, then I will usually RT or retweet it so that not only Andrews followers see it, but now my followers see it too.

You need to use twitter more. :)

Ow... ok. Now I've got it. :)

I use twitter, but just as a reader.

Some infos for people who are indecisive to register my blog:

I've included some new categories and articles into my blog.

Now you can find the first "Tips & Tricks" and "Featured Artists" articles.

Best wishes

Chris

Cheers chris for the Blog - good info there.

Thank you. There will come more.

I plan to inform the people about other topics, then the most 3DC users are talking about. 80-90% of the current information includes voxel topics, which are very interesting indeed, but I plan to show the users the bunch of other "nice functions" of 3D Coat, too. Some people will be surprised, I guess. ;)

Best wishes

Chris

Thanks for the little video explaining the new painting capability. I had an idea of what you were referring to, but didn't really see the importance of it until you demonstrated it. We really need for the more experienced users in the 3DC community to likewise step forward and help with tutorials that help explain new features and such, as they rarely get cataloged in the manual. If we don't help new or trial users have to fend for themselves with little if any info to go on.

You will soon start to see some video mini-tutorials appearing in the manual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool stuff. I don't know if I've ever used that tool, so I certainly learned a thing or two, there.

Thanx. I try to show the "other parts" of 3D Coat, which are really strong, if an artist know how to use them.

Best wishes

Chris

PS: Sometime I will develop a small teaser at the start of every video, to make it look more "professional". So don't be wondered, when the videos looks a little bit "raw" at the moment. :) (And I do my best to increase my english language skills too... Please give me feedback, if you don't understand something. The best is to write feedback directly in my blog.)

If I may I would like to suggest putting them on Vimeo or Youtube, so people can watch them without having to download and have a specific codec installed. You can probably even embed it right into your blog page so they don't even have to leave your site.

If I may I would like to suggest putting them on Vimeo or Youtube, so people can watch them without having to download and have a specific codec installed. You can probably even embed it right into your blog page so they don't even have to leave your site.

Yes, I already have a youtube site, where two of my videos can be seen. But I am not shure to publish them or not. I would like to see the visitors in first case on my blog site, but when I publish the videos on youtube, maybe the people could stay there and set a favourite to youtube and not to my site. Embedding the videos is not a guarantee, that users stay on my blog. What do you think, are this thoughts unnecessary?

I've tested to embed a video into my site. It works well, of course. But it makes less sense. You have always move to youtube, to see the content in full size. So, the users will always have move to youtube. I will thought about that.

EDIT: I was wrong, you can always view the video full size. It depends on the preview size, how many video controls will be shown.

I've reworked my video post and will give youtube a try. Please give me your feedback on my site or here.

Thank you

Chris

• 1 month later...

Awesome Chris, this is great stuff man. Excellent idea on the interviews. I tried setting some stuff up last year or so on doing a regular newsletter, interviews, etc.. But it was just too time consuming on top of everything else.

I'm really happy to see this happening. Excellent job on the interview with Juan Carlos Montes and all the videos. Tip 'o the hat to you good sir. :drinks:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...