3DCoat Forums

Save Auto Retopo Curves

grfxman

I'm just getting started with 3D Coat and am truly enjoying the Auto Retopo Wizard.

One thing I am looking for is a way to save the curves you use to describe Polygon flow. There are several times that I would like to go back and change thee Initial Wizard Settings and it seems redundant to keep redrawing the curves each time.

Is it possible to save these curves so one can redo the Wizard Multiple times easily?

• Reputable Contributor

Hi. These are the same as the Strokes tool makes in the retopo room. I don't know of any way to save them but that is a good idea, you should post it as a feature request.

They are saved, until you clear them. They are far more persistent than you realize. Once you go back to that stage of the wizard, they will be in place. I've opened up files months later and found the strokes still there.

Give it a try...delete the Retopo layer and restart the Auto Retopo wizard again. No, you won't see it when you first start, because the first procedure is to paint areas where you want more polygonal detail...THEN, once you move to the Strokes segment, there they appear...still waiting.

They are saved, until you clear them. They are far more persistent than you realize. Once you go back to that stage of the wizard, they will be in place. I've opened up files months later and found the strokes still there.

Give it a try...delete the Retopo layer and restart the Auto Retopo wizard again. No, you won't see it when you first start, because the first procedure is to paint areas where you want more polygonal detail...THEN, once you move to the Strokes segment, there they appear...still waiting.

This is not the case. The Strokes do NOT REAPPEAR.

GrphxMan:

In my experience, when re-opening a .3b file that has run AUTOPO before, that the "density" shading is not saved, but the "guide strokes" are saved, as AbnRanger has stated.

Try it again and see if this is not the case.

Ultimately, both density markings and guide strokes should be saved with every file.

Greg Smith