3DCoat Forums

2.04 BETA2 - many new features!

I have done 2.04 BETA2. The list of changes:

1) Camera/materials shortcuts

2) Lazy mouse!

3) Possibility to lock absolute depth independently on radius using lock icon in top panel

4) Possibility to lock screen radius of the pen.

5) Additional filter for drawing - pen pressure can depend on layer displacement.

6) Several filters - smooth/sharpen layer, adjust hew/saturation/lightness of the layer.

7) New user manual!

8) Add existing pens folder

9) Scroller in pens menu

The link is below:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-04-beta2-en.exe

• Advanced Member

The "add existing folder" really doesn't work for me,maybe I do something wrong?

I created a demo,please see it and look where I did wrong,thank you!

<a href="http://www.3d-brush.com/chinese/folder.swf" target="_blank">http://www.3d-brush.com/chinese/folder.swf</a>

It's better to download the folder.swf,it is more than 3M big.

• Advanced Member

The lazy mouse feature works pretty nicely (can see alot of possibilities with it). :)

I seem to get a little extra trail off when using it, however, which is to say it doesn't

stop when I let off of the left mouse button....any chance you can set it to stop

immediately upon release of pressure/mouse?

Will continue checking out the rest of the goodies you've added. Very nice update,

Andrew!

wailingmonkey

I find a bug: in Camera menu, shortcuts to add, delete an switch shorcuts are working but the menu item is not working correctly with the mouse. Click on "Add camera shortcut" give me nothing, "Delete camera shortcut" give me the result of Adding a new camera shortcut, "Switch to previous" give me the same result as F5 (Delete the shortcut)... Look like there a gap between the area of the menu item where to click and the function itself on my computer..

Is there a way to have a submenu with the list of all camera shortcuts, to give them a name, and to click on their submenu item to use them? Could be really usefull for people that use many camera shortcuts..

Please, how do you use the Lazy mouse? I find no help about that in the manual with a search?

The caption in main window is still give me inaccurate name after saving under another name. For example, I load the default man2.obj at start, or a previous saved 3d brush file... I work on the project and call the menu item "Save file as", newname.3b. The caption of the main window is not updated and the name of the project is still man2.obj or start.3b. If now I use "Save file" the newname.3b file is well updated but i'm always afraid to overwrite by error a previous file (start.3b..)

That's all for now :)