3D Coat Forums
Psmith

3D-Coat From Scratch (Video Training)

Will:

You are quite welcome.  I'd love to see some of your "drawn" cartoons and how you translate them into the 3D versions of themselves, FROM SCRATCH!

Can you post some links for our enjoyment?

Greg Smith

I haven't tried yet, Greg - cartooning is a desire I haven't taken the time to explore or practice all that much yet.

The Rat tutorial shows how easy it is to get a character going, so it makes me want to try based off of some of the characters in my various cartooning books.

-Will

Thanks for these tutorials, I'll likely be going through them over the next couple days. 

Can I ask a quick question? I'm currently on the trial for both 3D Coat and Substance Painter, sort of trying to decide which one to go with (I know some people use both, but I'm looking to learn one, for both simplicity and financial sake). 

My question is in regards to PBR and various brushes. WHAT exactly defines the PBR in 3D Coat, is it solely the use of Smart Materials, or can you paint with basic brushes and add PBR functionality to your piece? Just a little foggy on the whole thing, any clarification would help. 

Again, thanks for the tuts. Videos and communities like these help people a ton. 

Kia ora

I just logged in as a new use and tried to view these tutorials, BUT it's telling me mime type not supported?  what do you guys have that Firefox don't?

7 minutes ago, Kiwi-Hawk said:

Kia ora

I just logged in as a new use and tried to view these tutorials, BUT it's telling me mime type not supported?  what do you guys have that Firefox don't?

Hi! And welcome to the forum. :) I would Right Click>Download As the files, and play them through a video player like VLC. You'll have no such errors in this regard.

As for attempting to play them through my browser (I'm using Chrome), the reason is because apple has stopped support for quicktime videos on Windows, and most browsers actually play them any longer, unless you're running an older version of a browser that supports that file type to be played directly from within the browser.

• Like 1

On 30.12.2010 at 23:49, Psmith said:

Merhaba:

Kendim yeni bir kullanıcı oldum ve herhangi bir yeni 3D-Coat kullanıcısına 3D-Coat'a güzel, sorunsuz bir giriş (ve ötesi) vermek için gösterilmesi gerekenler konusunda bir hislerim olduğunu düşünüyorum. en güçlü, en eşsiz işlevselliği.

Youtube Bağlantısı  - Part1

Bölüm 2

Bölüm 3

4. Bölüm

5. Bölüm

------------------------------------- 

Eski bağlantı, bazıları artık çalışmıyor.

Sıfırdan 3D Kat, Birinci Bölüm

Bölüm iki

Bölüm üç

Dördüncü Bölüm

Beşinci Bölüm

Bölüm Altı

Sıçan Boyama, Bölüm Yedi

İşte herhangi bir yeni kullanıcıya hızlı bir başlangıç yapması gereken kısa bir video dizisi - özellikle nispeten basit şeyler yapmak için birçok uygulamaya ihtiyaç duymaktan ve kullanmaktan bıkmış olanlar.

Greg Smith

links is dead