3DCoat Forums

How to render ?

Adivaki

Go to solution Solved by Leo Chen,

Hi,

I try to render a voxel object but it does not occur.

Here my workflow :

_I'm in voxel mode, I create a objet.

_I active the render panel.

_I choose a folder to save the render.

_I hit render button (with or without realtime render button checked).

_A new window appears with a gradient (dark to light grey) with counter at top left corner (rays : 0 to 320) and nothing else happens.

_I press Esc (after a while as there's no counterdown board that informs the running time behind).

_I check the render file and all is black.

Could someone give me an hand to resolve this please.

I'd like to know if it's me or bug.

thanks

Capture01.tiff

Capture02.tiff

• Reputable Contributor

Hi,

I try to render a voxel object but it does not occur.

Here my workflow :

_I'm in voxel mode, I create a objet.

_I active the render panel.

_I choose a folder to save the render.

_I hit render button (with or without realtime render button checked).

_A new window appears with a gradient (dark to light grey) with counter at top left corner (rays : 0 to 320) and nothing else happens.

_I press Esc (after a while as there's no counterdown board that informs the running time behind).

_I check the render file and all is black.

Could someone give me an hand to resolve this please.

I'd like to know if it's me or bug.

thanks

I know...it's not very intuitive at all. I always have to end up rendering a darned sequence as I never see single renders ever show up in the rendered images folder. I don't know why that is. I've read the rendering section of the manual through and through...but it's never been clear how to get a single frame render. I've tried just about everything I can think of...and I've been using this software for a long time.

• Reputable Contributor

You stated you have selected a folder but I do not see it in your picture. If that picture simply does not show it or it does not show your selection after making it then it is a possible bug in your version The Render result and the rectangle box under it in your picture is where you select your folder for single renders.

The (Show images folder) is the default location for render sequences only.

The only countdown you have is the number of rays shot, upper left corner of the screen, Once it hits 320, your are done, You can choose the amount of rays to shoot for rendered sequences. In "Rays per Frame"

Linux version here --- 3.508b 64 bit non-cuda

Hope this helps...

post-518-12940733947099_thumb.jpeg

• Reputable Contributor

You stated you have selected a folder but I do not see it in your picture. If that picture simply does not show it or it does not show your selection after making it then it is a possible bug in your version The Render result and the rectangle box under it in your picture is where you select your folder for single renders.

The (Show images folder) is the default location for render sequences only.

The only countdown you have is the number of rays shot, upper left corner of the screen, Once it hits 320, your are done, You can choose the amount of rays to shoot for rendered sequences. In "Rays per Frame"

Linux version here --- 3.508b 64 bit non-cuda

Hope this helps...

The only problem there is that you have 360 frames to render. I understood the OP to try and just render a single frame. Whenever I select 1 or even 2...I get nothing. But as soon as I add 5 or more, then it works. I hate that.

• Reputable Contributor

Must be a bug in your version AbnRanger. I can render a non sequence single frame by naming it and selecting a folder to place it in and pressing the render bar. It renders only one frame by default. The image is rendered to the correct folder. Looks like time for a bug report...

Thank both for the reply.

Digman : there was a mistake on my screenshot. I did choose a folder and gave a name to my file, hit render butter. And...a file appears inside my folder with the right name but the pic is totally black !

PS : I use a Mac

• Advanced Member

Never had a problem with single frame render on mac.

Please, configuration of the machine, OS, GPU.

A small tutorial like screen here

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7162&view=findpost&p=54511

In last 2-3 builds I noticed something weird though.

Renderer stops at 320 rays, OK

But when a 2x or more resolution is selected, passes stop at 210. Is this normal?

• 4 years later...

Thank both for the reply.

Digman : there was a mistake on my screenshot. I did choose a folder and gave a name to my file, hit render butter. And...a file appears inside my folder with the right name but the pic is totally black !

PS : I use a Mac

I use Mac too.

And I have run into the same problem.

Have you found the solution?

----------------------------------

Sorry, I just found "why"!

We need to set "render result"!

Edited by Leo Chen