3DCoat Forums
Guest rouncer

greeble tank

Guest rouncer

hi, i havent even bought 3dcoat yet, but im immensly pleased with it, kit bashing is so much fun. :)

I made this as my first model in 2 seconds using the default primitives, this is a really cool program.

I imagine I could probably get the models a little more sensical if I wanted to do something professional

with it.

And Id like to say this forum is really polite too, everyone here seems pretty modest and cool.

167224_1727079332298_1097877017_1950793_849568_n.jpg

Guest rouncer

hey thanks guys, look forward to communicating with you in the future.

Im gonna purchase this program for sure!

I was always a zbrush failure, ill see if im a little more successful with the voxels. :)

I was always a zbrush failure, ill see if im a little more successful with the voxels.

LOL, don't say so. 3DC will be a great help and most probably you'll be able to have better success in zbrush also. These two apps can work as linked.

Guest rouncer

Well... I can use it, just never made anything amazing, may I ask what you link up the apps for to get out of zbrush? Im guessing the extra detail.

Blender? Yeah! As michalis asked ... how the hell did u exported it out of 3DCoat to get it into blender??

I don't know/have blender, but Michalis' screen shot shows you can import OBJs, so you could export from 3DC as an OBJ.

Blender can handle (and import) heavy obj files BTW. So I can export a tri mesh directly from vox tree. (decimated ~ 1M) But what's the use except rendering it? UV textures? lets forget them.

The only possible way is to have separated vox layers, retopo and export (a hard work). I'm not sure what we see here.

Guest rouncer

167189_1683618885337_1083561841_31623844_3534375_n.jpg

Just using the same technique, im thinking about purchasing a pro copy and making a futuristic racing game just for kicks :).

Im also a programmer by the way.

Umm, i know how to import obj's, but I was just wondering what zbrush is good for that 3dcoat isnt? anyway, this is REAL cool... big grin. :)

Just using the same technique, im thinking about purchasing a pro copy and making a futuristic racing game just for kicks .

Im also a programmer by the way.

Umm, i know how to import obj's, but I was just wondering what zbrush is good for that 3dcoat isnt? anyway, this is REAL cool... big grin.

But what is this technique about? I'm really curious.

zbrush is good on things that 3dc can't handle well, 3dc is better on some others. 3DC can handle situations that zb can't.

Guest rouncer

sure, i couldnt get it any larger than this cause im just using facebook to upload it.

179618_1683694327223_1083561841_31623902_90927_n.jpg

really, its a bit rough :) im just proud of it cause it came out easy and quick.

Guest rouncer

Michelis (sorry i cant go back a page to view your name to spell it properly : P)

Im just whamming greeble primitives together :) the technique isnt that involved... its kinda effective tho ;)

we have a problem here.

I asked for information and I had to guess, you never gave a straight answer.

There're some great tutorials here, this isn't blender, so you may learn a lot.

To use two identities on this forum isn't the best either. I'm confused.