3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Scale Jitter for Merge tool?

MADjestic

Hey guys,

I am adding leaves to my tree and I am going with (objects) Merge tool so far. I love Roll, Yaw and Pitch Jitter settings, allowing the randomness that I am seeking, however I am missing a feature that would make this technique complete - Scale Jitter, to make leaves of random size, when painting my branches over. Currently I have to change my brush radius every time I want a leaf of a different size. Is it something already achievable by current tools, or is this feature missing? I tried playing with brush options, but none of the brush Jitter settings seem to affect the model size.

Thanks,

Vlad

129454745096.jpg

It's a missing feature. And, if Andrew is going to add this, I hope he will also add some kind of "spray" feature for instances - mainly for the application of things like leaves.

Better yet would be, in addition to these 2 things, random twist and random bend, (ideal for leaves). This would allow a single instance model to be used, hundreds of times, without being noticed as the same model.

Greg Smith

• Advanced Member

+1 for Scale on X,Y,Z and overall Scale. I like the spray idea also, especially for instances since only one instance can be placed at a time. On a slightly off topic note, I would like to see some kind of geometry painting in the Paint or Sculpt room.

• Advanced Member
On a slightly off topic note, I would like to see some kind of geometry painting in the Paint or Sculpt room.
You mean some form of 2.5D painting that can be skinned, as in "Brand X"?

Example: I'm painting some vines in the Paint room and I want to be able to take a leaf object and "spray paint" the leaf geometry onto the vine. Similar to what MADjestic wants to do in the Voxel room but for the Paint or Sculpt room.

Basically I would like to see the Voxel Merge/Instances capability mirrored into the Paint/Sculpt room.

• Advanced Member

These would be great things to add +1

A way to spray objects would also be great, it might be better as it's own tool though because then you can make it more customized for the task. I can imagine being able to select a set of objects like rocks and then spraying them onto a terrain to make it more realistic or maybe sculpt into formations etc. This would be a really great tool and would have many uses.

I am glad that you like the idea, guys, and it is not something that I overlooked! It seems like this topic belongs to feature request then. May I ask a moderator to move the thread then? Or can I do it myself?

As far as overhauling goes... well, should we remain realistic, or be idealistic? There's tons of things that could be done, but Andrew and the team can do only as much. Hey, can we instance Andrew?!

Thanks,

Vlad

• 1 year later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Scale Jitter for Merge tool?