3DCoat Forums

NVil (formerly known as VoidWorld)

Tom K

• Advanced Member

I know it's been mentioned but it didn't seem to get the attention it deserves.
VOIDWORLD is a polygon modeler under development. It has a built in 3d_Coat applink.
The website looks cheesy but ignore that. Don't download from the site.

download here:
VOIDWORLD

Don't know if this is the only place to get info, but get the latest on it's development here:
My linkhttp://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74005&page=20

Doesn't need to be installed. Just run the .exe
Create a model, then go up to file, 3d-coat applink

looks quite nice. He seems to be working hard to make a nice program.

Tom

• Contributor

Voidworld is the new silo, simple, really customisable, streamlined, and modelling wise: feature packed. Sounds like marketing talk, but I was a silo user until recently after being disgusted by the lack of support from nevercenter, then discovered vw. The developper is a brillant guy who actually listen to his future customers; try it, you may fall in love with it :) Plus like tom_K said, integrated applink is a killer feature for such intuitive modeler :)

Beatkitano. I love your enthusiasm, it's infectious. And you're right; the developer is a brilliant guy who (for the time) listens to feedback.

I've found that backing up requests and bugs with animated gifs and images really helps.

There are still a ton of issues and improvements to be made but who's in a massive hurry. It's already better than silo :)

Hat's off to kun for pursuing this and fingers crossed for the future of this app. It seems bright

• Advanced Member

This is a great app but i disagree with the new silo comment mainly because i don't like the GUI much so i don't find the workflow as good. I think silo has a much nicer layout and also has good customizations users have made, some people think GUI is not important but it is if you are going to be using a program a lot.

That said it could be improved though and it's already got some nice features like the 3DC app link so it's a great app and it looks like it will get even better in the future if they listen to peoples feedback.

• Advanced Member

About the UI. The developer (yes it's only 1 developer like Andrew) has stated that the UI is a work in progress. He's concentrating on getting a kick ass modelling toolset functioning well before working on the UI. The way things are going with his 'Streamline Toolset' it will be as smooth (if not more) than silo. I can see myself doing away with the UI completely for 99% of my modelling tasks in the future.

• 2 years later...

Voidworld is the new silo, simple, really customisable, streamlined, and modelling wise: feature packed. Sounds like marketing talk, but I was a silo user until recently after being disgusted by the lack of support from nevercenter, then discovered vw. The developper is a brillant guy who actually listen to his future customers; try it, you may fall in love with it smile.gif Plus like tom_K said, integrated applink is a killer feature for such intuitive modeler smile.gif

Ditto. Except it's called NVil nowadays. Works great! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
steve
January 01, 2014, 05:21:08 AM

On win7 64, it is crashing on startup (faulting module "Kernelbase.dll"). Exception code:- 0xe0434f4d

Update:-

Prerequisites missing for slimDX (nice to see the move away from MDX).

A need to download/install end user runtime(for slimDX):- http://slimdx.org/download.php (the .net 2 download)

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor

In NVil select all vertices of an object you're trying to export to 3D Coat and run a Vertex Shortcut Tools>>Smooth Normal on them. Alternatively, you can select your object and click the Smooth All in the Polygon Shortcut Tools>>Smooth Group.

• 6 months later...
  • Contributor

The only trouble I've encountered with the applink, is when you move a retopo group back to NVil, where even hidden groups will be imported. I asked about it on NVil's forum and IStonia said that the problem lies on 3D-Coat's side.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

I'm revisiting VoidWorld 2.4 (fre version of Nvil) but I really find the UI a mess and a bit turn off. I'm looking for something to replace Silo 2.3 and Hexagon 2.5. So far everything I've looked at falls short. Hate Blender with a passion, Again it's the UI. Looking at Rocket 3F which is also being co-developed with the Nvil creator.

https://rocket3f.com/

The UI looks very intuitive but it's toolset is not as rich as Nvil... Too bad Hexagon and Silo have been stagnant for so long....

• Contributor
5 hours ago, kenmo said:

I'm revisiting VoidWorld 2.4 (fre version of Nvil) but I really find the UI a mess and a bit turn off. I'm looking for something to replace Silo 2.3 and Hexagon 2.5. So far everything I've looked at falls short. Hate Blender with a passion, Again it's the UI. Looking at Rocket 3F which is also being co-developed with the Nvil creator.

https://rocket3f.com/

The UI looks very intuitive but it's toolset is not as rich as Nvil... Too bad Hexagon and Silo have been stagnant for so long....

Customization in NVil is very powerful, so achieving a look-and-feel you're after is most likely very much possible.

You can do almost everything, from tweaking UI colors, through creating custom panels, customizing context-aware radial menus, to building your own StreamLine and Composite tools. You can most definitely reproduce the simplistic feel of Silo, or the other programs you mention.

• 9 months later...
  • Contributor

Yeah , checked everything , paths , folders , applink is enabled as well , i am getting other issues as well (smouth issues , facet polygons and some others).

I will delete completely , re download and try again , i couldn't find an exe setup so i downloaded a zip with all files in it (Nvil latest version Dec 21 if i remember correctly).

Strange thing is that non of those issues exist with Rocket 3F , on exact same models and applink works there as too.

Many thanks for the reply , will try again as Nvil is on of the easiest and standalone powered modellers i ever used so far , many thanks for pointing it out .

• Contributor

Problem solved Artur , 

i just deleted and re installed , re checked everything and all working as they should.

Yeah , my bad , thought it was an applink issue ....

• Like 1