3DCoat Forums

Autoretopo from VoxelSculp

dulo

I it possible to run Autoretopo on a pure Voxelmodel ?

I wrote an importer which reads dicom mrt/ct scans and i would like to create meshes for the scanned organs.

I only see the possibility to run autoretopo on meshes which creates voxels models from meshes, but i dont need this step because i already have voxel models.

thanks for help and tips

dulo

I'm not sure what your scan data looks like - but, at present, there is a limit to the number of scan data points that are supported for import into the Voxel Room.

The best way to experiment is to use the opening import wizard - choosing the voxel area of the dialog and then clicking on the "folder" icon.

Your data will either import or not. If it does, experiment with using AUTOPO with its default settings. If that is not acceptable, trying small variations in the data fields in the AUTOPO wizard.

Greg Smith

• 2 years later...

I have a somewhat complex space ship I made using tinker objects in voxel mode. I'm desperate to figure out how to best get it retopo/uv/normal mapped/painted. I don't want to take the next step until I know exactly what to do. I can't seem to invoke the auto-retopo for the whole thing, just each layer. That makes good sense, but is the workflow really to pick it apart and retopo each little piece? I'm quite confused and could really use some help.