3DCoat Forums

The kingdom of arrows

• Advanced Member

Interesting!

An immediate thought came to mind...what about a double-headed splines (start and

final point would have the arrowhead in opposite directions, in this case) option? Maybe

a checkbox for 'no arrowhead', 'arrowhead at start', 'arrowhead at last', 'arrowhead start/last'...

This would offer an easy way to make banner-like shapes for signs, intricate scrollwork

on armor, etc. I know, I know...always asking for more. :)

Just curious also how you're doing it. Stamp the alpha first, then drag the profile the length of

the spline?

Anyhow, glad to see it looks like you're having some fun with this. :)

cheers.

wailingmonkey

*edit*

After thinking about this some more, I wondered if you had considered putting more

power/control on the actual spline point. So a user could have a panel of options (with the

default being the original 'zero' behavior that's currently in use) that would change how that spline point behaved...

- width

-depth

-corner/no-corner (for 90-degree spline lines...or 'sharp' corners)

-specific pen/alpha for the point

-whether the point acts like a 'stamp' or if it's just another spline point along the path line profile

-whether the profile should be merged from last pen/alpha to new different pen/alpha with a

percentage of where the merge/blend happens (or just kept the previous profile line blended

into the new pen/alpha 'stamp')

-if it acts like a 'stamp' then adding the ability to give the stamp directional control (rotation option)

Also, this is another good example of how using the Shift-Screen-constrain key combo

(horizontal, vertical, or 45-degree constraint based on the screen) could come in handy when

laying down the spline points. ;)

• Advanced Member

Good idea, i'd like to see arrows in 3db. Also i agree with

After thinking about this some more, I wondered if you had considered putting more

power/control on the actual spline point.

spline tools in 3db are unique, so its a good point to make them stronger.