3DCoat Forums

Bones

JulesD

That'd be a geat idea.

I was thinking it could be something like the curve or pose tool, burt then we can keep those and save them out as bones.

That would be really cool and useful.

Then animation too? How about ray traced rendering and compositing? Maybe a built in game engine? Just making the point that you have to draw the line somewhere. The rigging / animation suggestion has been brought up many times before. It could be nice, but I think it's best to focus on modeling / texturing and be the best at that.

All I would like to see is a rigging system I can use to custom make a skeleton, add body mass and then pose it. Something like DAZ STUDIO where the muscles on the rigging will flex/morph realistically no matter the pose they are in.

No animation stuff...just a solid posing feature for these sculpts we can make. It's great we sort of have that now, with the POSE TOOL, but I'm speaking about a system were the joint points can be permanently put into the sculpt and manipulated at will.

Maybe such a feature could be sold as a seperate package.

I know I would buy it.

• Advanced Member
Maybe such a feature could be sold as a seperate package.

I know I would buy it.

Those features are sold as seperate packages. Just use any of the other programs out there that do rigging.

I think you're better off rigging in the final package anyway, rather than trying to rig in one program and hoping everything gets exported correctly to something else.

Tom

• Advanced Member

I would also like to see rigging/posing enhancements, but I would rather see work done on the main existing features (Painting, Sculpting). However, I would like to see some small additions that would allow the functionality of these extra features. For example, Andrew added "Import vertices positions" which allows vertex position changes to be imported to a matching obj in the Paint room. So now we can export a character, add bones and pose in an external app, and import the poses into 3DC. As far as sculpting, if a lattice deformation tool was created, a similar workflow could be created. for example, create lattice geometry in the retopo room, export lattice and bring into external rigging app (LW, blender, etc), rig and animate, export pose(s) as obj(s), import into 3DC and apply pose in lattice tool. It may sound complicated, but once set up, it could be a good workflow and it would allow people to use what rigging software they like. And if they want to continue to animate, the base rig is ready to go. Just thinking... :pardon: Oh, and mdd support would be nice too...

No no no.... philnolan3d has right.

Someone other on this forum sad that 3DC should grow up high instead of wide.

High - focus on modeling / texturing and be the best at that

wide - adding another buggy/beta/non stable/non tested/need to test tools.

We should be glad, that 3DC is as it is. Need of rigg/animation? The are tons of soft out there.

Grab one you like it and use it as it was designed.

No no no.... philnolan3d has right.

Someone other on this forum sad that 3DC should grow up high instead of wide.

High - focus on modeling / texturing and be the best at that

wide - adding another buggy/beta/non stable/non tested/need to test tools.

We should be glad, that 3DC is as it is. Need of rigg/animation? The are tons of soft out there.

Grab one you like it and use it as it was designed.

I agree. It would be a fancy feature, but not completely necessary unless we could use it for simple posing for texturing painting (ala Mudbox). That said, there are so many features in right now that need that extra bit of polish that adding new features just seems like overkill, IMHO.

Just bone rigging is fine with me.

The reason I would like to see it in 3D coat, is that Andrew is so smart he would probably find a easy way of doing it.

And doing things easy, is the future, that way programmers can become artists, and artist can become programmers.