3DCoat Forums

Image "free-transform"

simmsimaging

• Advanced Member

The Panel controls when loading a Material should at least get you half way there...

You can rotate, scale and also shear and Smudge an Image-Template before you draw it on your 3D-Object.

While this effect does not get stored in Layer one can Save and Load the Distortion from this Panel.

post-575-12961732268492_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

The Panel controls when loading a Material should at least get you half way there...

You can rotate, scale and also shear and Smudge an Image-Template before you draw it on your 3D-Object.

While this effect does not get stored in Layer one can Save and Load the Distortion from this Panel.

The distort tool is interesting (hadn't seen that before), but really doesn't deal with this problem. Skew/rotate etc are good, and if this was a flat box or something I could definitely get something in the right vein, but it won't help with curved geometry. As well, these tools are great for the first round, but if we need to adjust it later you have to do it all again, and it's not easily reproducible. For me, clients are always asking me to change stuff and then go back and forth on it, so something more flexible and repeatable is essential. For now the only way to do it "right" is with photoshop unfortunately.

Thanks for the idea though.

b