rs3d

The Voxel Smooth function is nice, but it erodes the object

and dissolves it finally. It would be great to have an

additional function that doesn't shrink the object, but that

smoothes it and keepes it basic outlines

In short: A Smooth that also pushes back the surface along its normal

Best, Robert

• Advanced Member

try menu: voxel. There is an option to make smooth finer.

He is right,

the surface has to push back a little bit when smoothing...otherwise the surface dissolves and gets lumpy...I was thinking exactly the same thing last night actually. Perhaps instead of being applied immediately, it would be better if the smooth brush behaved a bit more like the paste, or muscles brush and finished it's smooth algorithm after the stroke has been made...

Not sure how to fix it but the surface seems to give way too easily, leaving things lumpy and 'dented'

The Voxel Smooth function is nice, but it erodes the object

and dissolves it finally. It would be great to have an

additional function that doesn't shrink the object, but that

smoothes it and keepes it basic outlines

In short: A Smooth that also pushes back the surface along its normal

Best, Robert

Been thinking the same thing...I really like the SMOOTH how it is, would not change that at all. BUT...

I also find myself wanting something that does like you suggest. The smoothing effect would instead follow more of the surface plane highlights you are smoothing, not evenly distributing the effect to all levels as it currently does.

Maybe have some sort of a DEPTH governor you could set that would mitigate the DEPTH limit the smoothing effect would go down through. in reality you would be setting the rigidity of the smoothing brush. Would be something like the SCRAPE TOOL, the PLANAR TOOL and the SMOOTH TOOL combined.

At least someway you could set the SMOOTH TOOL so it will not go any further than the base layer of the Voxel object. This would be really great on those flat surfaces where you want to get a smooth finish on areas that are higher than the base surface area and want to keep that base surface as it is. As it is now, the SMOOTH TOOL keeps eating away at that surface. This would mitigate that.

I like the idea...alot :good: