3DCoat Forums

pmG's* Dare To Share � * $10 *Challenge

GFX-1

• Advanced Member

I'm guessing the backlog will take atleast 2 weeks.

Maybe more than 5000 licenses were sold. Some people bought multiple licenses and bought for other people as a gift.

I hope it is what it presents it is, a quick solution to rigging and animation.

I'm pretty much comfortable with character studio in 3dmax and maestro for lightwave but still would like to explore other software.

I'm guessing the backlog will take atleast 2 weeks.

Maybe more than 5000 licenses were sold. Some people bought multiple licenses and bought for other people as a gift.

I hope it is what it presents it is, a quick solution to rigging and animation.

I'm pretty much comfortable with character studio in 3dmax and maestro for lightwave but still would like to explore other software.

I am curious to see how this licensing works out for them, I do hope it goes well for everyone. I also heard that we may see the patch for V5, I hope that is true, but like I said, it is a rumor, not official information. I am already using V5 so I can wait some for everyone to get their licensing set before I woryy about mine.

Rich

Fred posted this message on the Setup Tab forums a couple of hours ago:

The license server went online as scheduled, Sat Feb 19th 2011. Emails with login info should start going out in a few hours of this message.

Hey I know you hate LightWave and all but I was simply making the point that Vertex Paint does exist and as I said, the one in Messiah may well be better. I don't use Vertex Paint a whol elot, but when I have I have not had much trouble with it.

Phil I don't hate LW, I'm pointing out it's weaknesses and strengths of messiah. messiah was created to enhance those very flaws of LW. LW is simply not great for rigging or expressions, there are far too many 'gotchas', as Larry Shultz would say. I still like LW modeler for certain things, but it's not perfect. That's where plugins or another application comes in, aye?

Just a heads up. It appears they have some kinks in the new licensing system. My key generated fine, but some folks are running into issues. They are trying to track down the problem. I'm sure they'll sort it out before long, but keep that in mind if your key doesn't work properly.

Sorry, just seems like you only have negative things to say about it every time you mention it.

Don's post on the topic disappeared? Well, then I must comment.

NT dropped the ball. Flat out. They've let their userbase down time and again. I know a lot about the NT/Lux split, Core, Jay being let go and so on. Not from some second hand news or forums, either. NT just messes everything up, their 3D management should be ripped out of the company and start fresh. I hear that is what rob powers is doing finally. But to be honest, too little, too late. I've moved on to greener pastures (quite literally!).

As Don said in his now deleted post - NT has done this to themselves. It's not something I say lightly, since I do still like LW (For certain aspects). But the fact that they kept saying for years "we're working on it!" and still have no bloody results, well shows how far off and how dead wrong they were on the matter.

Time to move to greener pastures Phil, I think you'll like what you see out there. :)

I haven't checked my mail, for those of you that already have it set up how does the whole dongle thing work? I remember a while back taking a FormZ class and we got a physical dongle, like a short maybe 2 inch USB cord with an electronic box/device of some kind and without that the app wouldn't run. (I wish I'd tried to keep learning that app) I'm gathering from the bits and pieces of what I'm hear that a similar principle is applied, but you have to buy your own USB flash drive and put the license key file and put it on that and the flash drive acts like a hardware dongle? If this is the case are there any caveats I should know about to avoid pratfalls in this part of the process?

What you're describing is basically like the LightWave dongle, except it has no cord, it looks like this:

2011-02-21_0105.png

As I understand it the Messiah license is a file that gets run on a drive. That can be any drive including a hard drive, a USB flash drive, or I understand even a memory stick from a camera will work. So you run the program on that drive, and it generates a number. you send that number to pmG and they use that to send you back an unlock code that you put into Messiah. So now the Messiah is locked to that drive that you used.

BTW if you haven't heard there's some problem with the PHP in the license generator and it isn't working correctly. Even if you get the email I'd be wary about doing anything until confirmation comes in that the problem is solved.

http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=3347.msg19385#msg19385

• Reputable Contributor

Don's post on the topic disappeared? Well, then I must comment.

NT dropped the ball. Flat out. They've let their userbase down time and again. I know a lot about the NT/Lux split, Core, Jay being let go and so on. Not from some second hand news or forums, either. NT just messes everything up, their 3D management should be ripped out of the company and start fresh. I hear that is what rob powers is doing finally. But to be honest, too little, too late. I've moved on to greener pastures (quite literally!).

As Don said in his now deleted post - NT has done this to themselves. It's not something I say lightly, since I do still like LW (For certain aspects). But the fact that they kept saying for years "we're working on it!" and still have no bloody results, well shows how far off and how dead wrong they were on the matter.

Time to move to greener pastures Phil, I think you'll like what you see out there. :)

Yeah...I thought better of it (didn't want to start a app war), but I do think it's a fair assessment to say Modo is today is what Lightwave would be if Newtek Management hadn't locked horns with the original creators. It's a darn shame, too. However, I do believe they got the right guy to move them forward, in Rob Powers. Their best move right now, to catch up as much as they can, is to license strictly the CA toolset from PMG and hire one of their developers to help integrate it into CORE much as AD did with the Polyboost Plugin for Max.

• Advanced Member

To be honest I dont understand how it can take days. I can get instant auto replys from things. Thats what the internets for instant gratification. I dont even know if I will get a reply or whether, paypal messed up somewhere and it didnt go through.