3DCoat Forums

pmG's* Dare To Share � * $10 *Challenge

GFX-1

• Reputable Contributor

I purchased a basic license and a pro license, but when I went to try and generate a license on the second one (with a different USB drive), all I get is a blank box where the license text is supposed to be. The worst part about it is that the 2nd one that's giving me problems is the license for the Pro version, so I can't test the interactive render out and such. Bummer.

Just got myself all set up and installed, it was quite painless.

Im starting to understand and like the interface, might be easier for Lightwave users i guess.

Probably, since it started as a LW plugin. I haven't had time to really look at it, I just installed and now have to go to bed. Will play tomorrow.

• Advanced Member

I purchased two of the pro licenses. Installation and activation onto a USB (Win7/64bit) went without a hitch. The other I have left in my account inactivate and will leave it there until ready....hope that is not a mistake but it feels safer than activating now onto a USB stick that could get lost because its not in use. Had one small play but have been a bit preoccupied with another project.

Looking forward to seeing new works and tests completed, with such a new large and instant user base there should be some pretty cool stuff coming our way for viewing (and bad).

First thing when ready though will test out the 3DC/Messiah AppLink.

I can't even use the Basic version. The program launches to the splash screen, then just craps out. This whole license process not going too well for the moment.

That sounds like it might be an issue with the license file not taking. Not sure if this is the problem, but you have to be very particular about creating the txt file. For instance, make sure it is named "exactly" the way they stated. Below are the steps that I've found create a good license file. Not sure if it will fix your problem, but these steps have resolved issues with several other folks.

1. Open Notepad (NOT wordpad)

2. Paste the license text into Notepad

3. Select File>>Save As

4. Type the file name: messiah_license.txt

5. Make sure the Save As Type dropdown list is set to TextDocuments(*.txt)

6. Make sure the Encoding dropdown list is set to ANSI

7. Then click save

Also make sure you are running the 32bit version if your running basic as 64bit is Pro only. As for your Pro license, I guess you'll need to contact pmG. I'm sure they'll help you sort it out.

hth

Thanks Phil. Yup that kind of dongle was exactly the type thing I talking about. I gotta try to pick up a USB stick before I can install anyway I think that will probably be the most convenient way for me since I'll have two licenses running on separate comps. With every big company going electronic with distribution, manuals etc. I'm kind of hoping dongles make a comeback just to give end users something physical to go along with their software purchases, but maybe that's just me. All of this "Digital Only" sentiment really has gotten annoying to me, because I've definitely been thinking "Are we really going the 'Equilibrium' route? Are we really going to get down to visiting a friend and recognizing that we all live in the same four white walls and a computer terminal type society? Really?" but that's a whole nother topic.

• Reputable Contributor

That sounds like it might be an issue with the license file not taking. Not sure if this is the problem, but you have to be very particular about creating the txt file. For instance, make sure it is named "exactly" the way they stated. Below are the steps that I've found create a good license file. Not sure if it will fix your problem, but these steps have resolved issues with several other folks.

1. Open Notepad (NOT wordpad)

2. Paste the license text into Notepad

3. Select File>>Save As

4. Type the file name: messiah_license.txt

5. Make sure the Save As Type dropdown list is set to TextDocuments(*.txt)

6. Make sure the Encoding dropdown list is set to ANSI

7. Then click save

Also make sure you are running the 32bit version if your running basic as 64bit is Pro only. As for your Pro license, I guess you'll need to contact pmG. I'm sure they'll help you sort it out.

hth

Thanks. I did all of that. The second license box just refuses to work. All it does is refresh. As for it not opening, it has to be a screw-up with the registry, as uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help. I get no help from support. They just tell me to log on and try again.

Thanks. I did all of that. The second license box just refuses to work. All it does is refresh. As for it not opening, it has to be a screw-up with the registry, as uninstalling and re-installing doesn't help. I get no help from support. They just tell me to log on and try again.

One of the problems sounds like a 64bit version being ran as a basic. The basic version is only 32bit, and a 64bit version won't work on a pro license:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=3415.0

Also, sounds like some of the problems could be like stuff discussed here:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=1669.0

I've not heard anything about a blank license window, that's a new one. Might be worth it to head on over to setuptab, maybe someone can help.

• Reputable Contributor

One of the problems sounds like a 64bit version being ran as a basic. The basic version is only 32bit, and a 64bit version won't work on a pro license:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=3415.0

Also, sounds like some of the problems could be like stuff discussed here:

http://setuptab.com/index.php?topic=1669.0

I've not heard anything about a blank license window, that's a new one. Might be worth it to head on over to setuptab, maybe someone can help.

Thanks for the tips. They ended up sending the license files manually. I could never get anything from that second license section, and I tried it on a separate computer...even on a different browser (IE instead of Firefox).