3DCoat Forums

pmG's* Dare To Share � * $10 *Challenge

GFX-1

• Advanced Member

but as a blender user, should i buy it? someone tell me =@

What do you use blender for? commercial or hobby?

40US is not much really for an app such as this. Its a ps3 game. Or how many cups of coffee at starbucks you could skip drinking.

• Advanced Member

What do you use blender for? commercial or hobby?

40US is not much really for an app such as this. Its a ps3 game. Or how many cups of coffee at starbucks you could skip drinking.

While I agree most wholeheartedly on the price, it's really more about the time invested in one software as opposed to the time necessary to learning a new one, don't you think?

If kay-Eva has little time invested in animation in Blender, as I don't, it may be a good investment.

If she has spent many hours learning to animate in Blender then may be not so much. Don't you think?

P. Monk

• Advanced Member

I have been waiting patiently for BA to come back online to ask the same question.

Hopefully they will be up and running shortly. I haven't tried pmG"s forum, there may

be help there. Albeit slightly prejudiced, I'm guessing. In the end I decided to buy

because an applink already exists and the renders in the gallery look pretty good.

Oh, and I had $40.00 in my pocket that was desperately trying to escape. :rolleyes:

P. Monk

• Advanced Member

While I agree most wholeheartedly on the price, it's really more about the time invested in one software as opposed to the time necessary to learning a new one, don't you think?

If kay-Eva has little time invested in animation in Blender, as I don't, it may be a good investment.

If she has spent many hours learning to animate in Blender then may be not so much. Don't you think?

Time is a factor but the pmg sale is also time limited offer! :D

One of those deals that you wish you got imho. They don't come that often.

• Advanced Member

I am a blender user, but I buy program messiah because is a good software for animations and has tools that simplify your work

Sorry Giuseppe, I didn't see your post before responding to kay_Eva.

So I guess that you find messiah superior to Blender for animation.

Cool! I didn't screw up. :yahoo:

P. Monk

• Advanced Member

P. Monk

hello Pimpmymonkey, I agree with your thoughts :)

but I think that a program created to make the animations just do better than others and has more tools for these operations.

• Advanced Member

I wouldnt be supprised if they are eeking out the last little bit. I dont see why this is seen as a dishonest thing though, they're letting stragglers get in on a sweet deal. If anything stretching the offer extends the time they cant charge full price.

• Reputable Contributor

Well, it has a nice renderer + you have a new Interactive Render mode (ala FPrime). I'm not aware of Blender having Interactive Rendering. Does it?

I wouldnt be supprised if they are eeking out the last little bit. I dont see why this is seen as a dishonest thing though, they're letting stragglers get in on a sweet deal. If anything stretching the offer extends the time they cant charge full price.

Roger, as a fellow Max user, what do you plan to use it for? If CAT wasn't so buggy, I don't think I would feel compelled to jump on this, even though it's a steal.

• Advanced Member

Good news for those that purchased and a big big thank you to pmG. ( Also posted on DAZ forums )

Just a note:

**Due to the overwhelming response, we are in the process of updating the license system to better automate the management of everyone generating their licenses. We have a 3 day delay in finalizing the transactions, and downloading them into the system. We hope to have license generation up by Saturday or perhaps sooner. You will be getting an email to the email address you provided paypal when you purchased, that will contain the url and login info to generate your license for your purchase or purchases(if you did them in more than one transaction).

Link again:

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

"On February 14th 2011 the goal was met.

Congratulations!

We Dared. You Shared. You Won.

February 14 2011

114 Countries. 35,000 hits. 103,000 combined views. Multiple records broken. In 7 days you have left your mark on the history of the Internet, and made a lot of people happy.

Thank You!"

"We'll miss you, Green Progress Bar"

"Now Let's show the world what we can do."

...Let's show the world indeed! :good:

:yahoo: !!! I JUST SAVED $1155.00 !!! :yahoo:

And will be able to use 3D software I would never have had the chance to, as I am not a "student" and could never have afforded it otherwise...but have just as much interest in 3D Digital work.

WHY? Because pmG Rocks! And 3DCOAT along with this Forum Rocks!

THANK YOU :drinks:

!!!WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

• Advanced Member

Well, it has a nice renderer + you have a new Interactive Render mode (ala FPrime). I'm not aware of Blender having Interactive Rendering. Does it?

Roger, as a fellow Max user, what do you plan to use it for? If CAT wasn't so buggy, I don't think I would feel compelled to jump on this, even though it's a steal.

I'm scratching an itch really. Messiahs always interested me. I think the autorig could be a nice fast way to get characters posed without having to deal with weight painting. also the interactive renderer peaked my fancy. For the price of a round of drinks i think its worth the risk :)

• Reputable Contributor

I'm both excited and torn, now that PMG has made Messiah so accessible. That's because I love CAT (in 3ds Max) and had decent luck with it in the past, but I've heard many others voice their complaints about showstopping bugs. I don't know if I want to get chin deep into a setup and animation, only to find issues I don't have time to deal with. So, Messiah now becomes a very tempting option.

What does Messiah use to simulate Muscles? I'm aware of Meta Effectors and a number of other tweaking tools, but there are similar tools in Max as well, and they aren't as effective as a dedicated muscle system.

The other problem I have to consider is that currently there is no support for 3DConnexion devices with Messiah.