3DCoat Forums

best to transfer to zbrush

maxfax09

LOLXDLOLZBRUSHLOL Y WUD U WANNA DU DAT!?! :rofl:

No but seriously.

If you have all your voxel objects in different layers, but they're all showing, just go to File Export then export it as an obj.

Zbrush should be able to reaad those just fine.

And uh... sorry about the first line, I was just joking. ... kinda

LOLXDLOLZBRUSHLOL Y WUD U WANNA DU DAT!?! :rofl:

No but seriously.

If you have all your voxel objects in different layers, but they're all showing, just go to File Export then export it as an obj.

Zbrush should be able to reaad those just fine.

And uh... sorry about the first line, I was just joking. ... kinda

Thanks for the answer and the first line :)

Why Zbrush, well I find that 3DC slows down on my machine (i7 2.6 x 4 cpu, 12mb Ram, and a good video card but NOT Cuda) when the objects are Res+ up to about 4X.

I need away to add lots of details and Zbrush with millions of polygons does not slow down on my computer.

• Advanced Member

My advise:

Retopo one by one, do UVs and bake for MV. Now export a hi density mesh and rebuild subdivisions in zbrush. Please avoid n-gon in retopo room. Some triangles are OK.

One by one.

It sounds difficult but it isn't. You'll avoid future trouble this way.

Or just start in zbrush, use primitives and move tool there, remesh-project etc, then export for retopo in 3dc and back again for reprojection.

Or back again as voxels, (because artists change their minds sometimes lol) autoretopo (with guides) again and back to zbrush.

All these are possible, I also prefer zbrush for sculpting figures but what about terrains or archi like objects? Voxels are the best way there. And back to zbrush again lol

What is the most important IMO is to learn how to have fast and good results with autopo. In ten minutes max. So to never think about it as a torture and perform it as many times you like.

Have in mind that sometimes you'll bring the zb model to 3dc and in retopo the low poly from zb as topo mesh. Now you can just edit the parts with problems.

Many possible workflows using these great apps then.

@michalis thanks for the info

@Dreamcube017

Does not work for me, but following DOES:

1) File Export Scene (3DC)

2) Import obj file (ZB)

this will import as one object

3) Then press "Group Split" in ZB Subtool menu

Each Layer (object) from VoxTree will be on a different Sub tool layer :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks for the answer and the first line :)

Why Zbrush, well I find that 3DC slows down on my machine (i7 2.6 x 4 cpu, 12mb Ram, and a good video card but NOT Cuda) when the objects are Res+ up to about 4X.

I need away to add lots of details and Zbrush with millions of polygons does not slow down on my computer.

I think I know the reason: You only have 12mb!!!!

:rofl: just kidding, I'm sure you mean 12gb ;)