3DCoat Forums

Andrews Tweets

JimB

• Advanced Member

I'm sorry but I have to ask ,the bug fixes and improvements Andrew posts on Twitter are they included in the current beta or have they yet to be added.

Overall I do find it impossible to tell if beta available for download is an old one or if it has been updated,I dont want to keep downloading 100meg + on the off chance.

Thanks

• Reputable Contributor

I'm sorry but I have to ask ,the bug fixes and improvements Andrew posts on Twitter are they included in the current beta or have they yet to be added.

Overall I do find it impossible to tell if beta available for download is an old one or if it has been updated,I dont want to keep downloading 100meg + on the off chance.

Thanks

He usually accumulates a number of fixes and/or additions before he offers an new build. You will see him announce a new build with all these included. Sometimes, though, he will re-upload if there are some very critical problems with a recent build. But he usually announces it in the 3.5 updates thread.

• Advanced Member

He usually accumulates a number of fixes and/or additions before he offers an new build. You will see him announce a new build with all these included. Sometimes, though, he will re-upload if there are some very critical problems with a recent build. But he usually announces it in the 3.5 updates thread.

Ok thanks, but he has in the past updated the beta and suffixed it with a letter and not said anything.

This advice assumes you have the Status Bar displaying within your Browser.

Move your mouse over whichever specific Beta download you're after, then look at the lower left of your Browser.

In my case, Firefox shows the download file name.

This is what I use to establish if the latest Beta has already been uploaded & available.

HTH, Colin

• Advanced Member

This advice assumes you have the Status Bar displaying within your Browser.

Move your mouse over whichever specific Beta download you're after, then look at the lower left of your Browser.

In my case, Firefox shows the download file name.

This is what I use to establish if the latest Beta has already been uploaded & available.

HTH, Colin

Thanks Colwax I am aware of the status bar I use it most of the time.In future I will await the announcements from Andrew so there can be no mistake in the future.

Thanks