3DCoat Forums

UV copy paste feature

joshy

Hi

its very nice to see the uv alighn tool by copy and pasting the similar islands. but the problem i am facing now is its very hard to select the underlying polygons of similar islands..a kind of rubberband selection would be nice or something like select similar islands would be great

it would be also much faster for users like me if the align tools was something like select similar islands and pack rather the selecting all the islands one by one...so far both has its pros so

and thanks and a ton of appreciation for such a nice user support software.

keep it up andrew & team 3d coat

• Reputable Contributor

Hi

its very nice to see the uv alighn tool by copy and pasting the similar islands. but the problem i am facing now is its very hard to select the underlying polygons of similar islands..a kind of rubberband selection would be nice or something like select similar islands would be great

it would be also much faster for users like me if the align tools was something like select similar islands and pack rather the selecting all the islands one by one...so far both has its pros so

and thanks and a ton of appreciation for such a nice user support software.

keep it up andrew & team 3d coat

Try to use a regular pen (from the E-Panel) to single select an island, and the freeform "drag select" to select multiple islands...that's what works for me, anyway. I talk about that at the 4:45 mark:

Creating UV Sets

Try to use a regular pen (from the E-Panel) to single select an island, and the freeform "drag select" to select multiple islands...that's what works for me, anyway. I talk about that at the 4:45 mark:

Creating UV Sets

Thanks .. that worked.. i keep on forgetting that some tools are common for everything. anyhow ..