3DCoat Forums

Farsthary update channel

@BeatKitano

Is fully solved , yes, previously brushing on them caused unpredictable mess because those where vertices with ....hold my breath.... Infinite Normals! of course it casued all sort of problems, thanksfully new beta will be really stable in those cases. That's why we need artist to stress new betas to keep spotting LC bugs

• Contributor

I'm glad you did this, this bug has been one of many big issues rendering vox room useless in some cases. Keep working on the file the more complex (in the number and variety of operations) it is, the more likely you are to encounter the bigger bugs. Yesterday I was having spikes just like my post in update thread, the only way to avoid them was to brush over the problem area and THEN smooth it (smoothing it directly created explosions).

Btw I also noticed (maybe just a coincidence) not using cuda smooth boost seemed to reduce the amount of bugs like that. Maybe it's worth checking out.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

can you provide an example of a snapping/align tool? ;)

basically i thought of the function which is available in Hexagon 3d

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=z-YxGE4dB_4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz-YxGE4dB_4&gl=DE

i mean the part 0:35 till 0:50

could be also done per brush selection. select objects 'snapping' Region and second select 'target' region for snapping. this way the object would be snapped automatically on right place and in right direction, without transforming and rotating manually. hexagon does this with edges and faces, but maybe it is possible with brush selection like in the bridge tool, you aalready built.

that means it would be for snapping different objects on each other

• Advanced Member

After solid testing of LC all weekend I can say I have no reservations about using it on any file when the time is right.

Weekend tests: http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10714

I think work the clay in voxels until a point then switch over to LC. I can't see a reason not to work this way. I'm impressed with the quality and refinement already in place with the LC tools. LC makes me happy. I've been able to do things I've seen other modelers do and used to think argh I just don't want to go that high a voxel rez to get those clean lines.

AbnRanger what's your reservations about using LC more?

• Reputable Contributor

After solid testing of LC all weekend I can say I have no reservations about using it on any file when the time is right.

Weekend tests: http://3d-coat.com/f...showtopic=10714

I think work the clay in voxels until a point then switch over to LC. I can't see a reason not to work this way. I'm impressed with the quality and refinement already in place with the LC tools. LC makes me happy. I've been able to do things I've seen other modelers do and used to think argh I just don't want to go that high a voxel rez to get those clean lines.

AbnRanger what's your reservations about using LC more?

Just all the holes and issues with the mesh. Hopefully those are being ironed out.

• Reputable Contributor

LC is alot more stable and should hopefully be more so in the next beta release. I been using LC extensively since was introduced and it is gettting closer to being ready for production use to where it was a year ago... The tears and explosions bugs are getting squashed pretty good now since Raul has been back and he has been according to his twitter tweets, working hard on fixing stuff...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a Freeze type tool will be added to live clay or a way in which you can lasso around a select area and it ignores back areas.  I'm specifically thinking of this for fingers and toes but I'm sure it would have other uses.

-------------------

=========||   i

finger   ||    i  <<  Selection area

=========||   i

-------------------  <<  Bottom of Selection.. Auto detects the back-face and ignores anything below this point you can set a buffer zone.. incase the finger or whatever has "folds or rough surface in it and also set the feather radius.

========================\\

BODY PART LOWER  DOWN

I was just thinking that if this type of tool existed as a quick way to space out fingers and things within live clay, it could be taking advantage of the tessellation so that there were a smoothing feather automatically applied as you make alterations saving the touch up work when using freeze with move in normal surface mode.