3DCoat Forums

Agree with all 3 , TOTAL MUST for RETOPO / Low Poly modelling , sooner the better.

Improved stability of SimpleStrokes and QuadPaint snapping started working again on QuadStrips

• Like 2

Thank you for the explanations and examples! really handy and will include them in my todo list , but I have one question, those are desired features to have in Retopo? because in the sculpt room I have implemented a very powerful bridge tool for example.

• Like 1

Those are modelling commands , if you keep all new poly modeling commands in retopo then yes they should be in retopo too.

If you create a new room called poly modeling for example they should be in this new room.

• Like 1

Ohh and thank you so much for listening to us all.

Its CRUSIAL and ESSENTIAL going  to the correct path.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

3 hours ago, farsthary said:

Thank you for the explanations and examples! really handy and will include them in my todo list , but I have one question, those are desired features to have in Retopo? because in the sculpt room I have implemented a very powerful bridge tool for example.

They are Retopo tools....repeatedly asked for and long-awaiting ones. The bridge tool in the Sculpt room is obviously for bridging Surface mode objects. Bridging in the Retopo Room would be more for bridging different shells or groups of polygons together. For example, filling holes like the following Bridge Polys video:

Bridge selected edges would bridge an open edge/edgeloop to it's closest counterpart (on a line perpendicular to the edge/edgeloop). This would often be needed when using Auto-Retopo on discrete sections of a model (like hiding the head while Auto-retoplogizing the body > inverting the hidden part and running Auto-Retopo on that). Right now, to close the gap between the two meshes, one has to take the tedious step of welding one vertex at a time with the MOVE tool, or one poly at a time with the Points and Faces or Quads tool.

There are also times, when a WELD SELECTED VERTICES tool is sorely needed. In a case like I just mentioned, rather than bridging, it could be used to simply weld the verts that are nearly on top of one another....using a parameter in the Tool Options panel, or Tool bar for adjusting distance threshold, so it's not accidentally welding verts further up the mesh.

Bridge Selected Edges:

Working over an issue causing sometimes a gap in strips = Solved!

ClYSiBQUYAE6pze.jpg
ClYZ29KUkAAVmyl.jpg
ClYZ3j6UgAEdbcS.jpg
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Working over an issue causing sometimes a gap in strips = Solved!

ClYSiBQUYAE6pze.jpg
ClYZ29KUkAAVmyl.jpg
ClYZ3j6UgAEdbcS.jpg

In combination with RFill this will be great!

Raul. It is important to connect the strips together, to make rings for example.

• Like 1

Yes! is possible to make rings. currently I need to polish the implementation a lot and is a WIP, I started this before finishing QuadPaint and then went back and somehow many times I just want to re do it from scratch lol. Also I listened to you all regarding the retopo feature requests, it will ensure my TODO list remain full for this room in times to come :)

But first need to finish this tool, because feature hoping is terrible and I learned that the hard way ;) 

Thank you! 

• Like 2

You are the BEST.

Implemented QuadStrips selection, improved drawing, work in progress. Size will be corrected soon.

• Like 4

Great just great

Done Increase/decrease quad strip density

Cl-9SfzWIAAqOz1.jpg
Cl-9TXcWIAQS2F1.jpg
  • Like 2

Raul, can we get bezier control of the edges for more precise placement?

Bezier3dc.jpg

On 23 czerwiec 2016 at 5:03 PM, Carlosan said:

Implemented QuadStrips selection, improved drawing, work in progress. Size will be corrected soon.

Nice. Some quick means of modifying the number of spans on selected strips would be dandy.

• Like 1

Make QuadStrips real, almost done

CmtLA26WAAAw66d.jpg
CmtLBwwWEAEkp6z.jpg
  • Like 3

QuadStrips Apply done, here's a hint on the possibilities

CnATDJCWIAE2794.jpg
CnATEHJXYAAJirQ.jpg
  • Like 4

Raul, can you please add a BRIDGE tool among your Beta tools? It is an essential poly-modeling tool that is missing, just like Soft Gradient selection is. It is just as badly needed as a retopo tool as it is for poly-modeling.

• Like 1

Getting ready the tool look&feel.
Remaining is only some minor technical details

quadstrips456.png?w=809&h=692

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Getting ready the tool look&feel.
Remaining is only some minor technical details

quadstrips456.png?w=809&h=692

Looking really good, thus far. :good2:

• Like 1