3DCoat Forums

2.06 released. The list of features:

1) Grids and snap to grid

Grids.jpg

2) The model could be viewed with environment mapping

EnvMapping.jpg

3) The spacing in curves tool has become more correct, so that points are placed uniformly over the closed curve:

CorrectSpacing.jpg

4) Several new arrows types in curve tool:

NewArrows.jpg

5) Hew/saturation/lightness dialog now works with preview, the action can be limited by object/material

HSV-Preview.jpg

6) Manual updated

7) Many minor bugs fixed.

The changes inherited from 2.06 beta1:

1) The new realtime preview in fill tool.

MaterialPreview.jpg

2) Now you can fill the material of object with the fill pattern.

FillTheMaterialOfObject.jpg

3) You can fill the sub-object with the fill pattern.

FillSubObject.jpg

4) You can use gradient filling in fill tool in much more intuitive way.

DragPointsInLinesMode.jpg

5) Cavity painting mode.

CavityPainting.jpg

6) The bug for Intel GMA video fixed.

Welcome to downloads section.

Andrew:

I went to the download site, however the 2.06 is a demo only and it overwrote my 2.05 version and I can no longer do exports, etc.

Andrew

Oops, Works fine when one opens an object. However what is the grid size? I was hoping to get a default measurement setting by now. Like Lightwave has, either metric or US English (feet, inches, etc.) Also I noticed when one closes the program it no longer asks if you want to exit without saving the object.

Andrew

Oops, Works fine when one opens an object. However what is the grid size? I was hoping to get a default measurement setting by now. Like Lightwave has, either metric or US English (feet, inches, etc.) Also I noticed when one closes the program it no longer asks if you want to exit without saving the object.

Grid is onscreen grid, so there is a reason to measure it in pixels. I have not undestood what is wrong with metrics. Now you can measure point losition and line length in any standart units. Also, 3DB asks something on exit if you have made some changes.

• Advanced Member

Hello.

The envoronement map dosen't seems to work. I loaded diffent picture in Jpg and bmp without success...

Do you manage ball environement maps like Zbrush do ?

It could be a cheap way to simulate many kinds of materials, simply by rendering spheres with ssss mat, chrome, metal, velvel..., in an external app.

Hello.

The envoronement map dosen't seems to work. I loaded diffent picture in Jpg and bmp without success...

Do you manage ball environement maps like Zbrush do ?

It could be a cheap way to simulate many kinds of materials, simply by rendering spheres with ssss mat, chrome, metal, velvel..., in an external app.

Envmap becomes visible only on specular parts. The envmap is sphere map like it is shown below.

sky.jpg

On the arrows: It seems that the head of the arrow goes down into the ground toward the tip? I hoped it would maintain the height on the whole length...?

The maintaining the height leads to great distortion of the geometry at the end of the arrow and the picture looks not well, so I have put the end down. But... maybe I will find better solution.

Grid is onscreen grid, so there is a reason to measure it in pixels. I have not undestood what is wrong with metrics. Now you can measure point losition and line length in any standart units. Also, 3DB asks something on exit if you have made some changes.

Andrew

There is nothing wrong with Metrics in fact it is used in most country's. However, I am 62 years old and have been using US standards all my life and I am too old to change to Metrics now. I guess that is why Lightwave offers both systems. There is no great need for any measurement standards in general. Where it would be used most is with the Sculpt tools especially if you plan to expand those tools.

Guest Lottmedia

I'm getting wierd stuff with the RT filling preview. Either it shows me a blank model in the preview window (wierdly it shows me the unaltered model in the preview after I'm applied the fill) and sometimes a completely different material applied. Anyone else getting anythign like that?

Casey

• Contributor

[Andrew!

The not working, still, again, repeating, problem to get access to the 2.06 download as before with the other versions.

The whole wording of the download needs to be changed and simplified. I have tried every alternative readingI can think of and still no luck.

The wasted time and frustration is close to me saying goodby to 3DB!

Please Fix.

Brian

• Advanced Member
[Andrew!

The not working, still, again, repeating, problem to get access to the 2.06 download as before with the other versions.

The whole wording of the download needs to be changed and simplified. I have tried every alternative readingI can think of and still no luck.

The wasted time and frustration is close to me saying goodby to 3DB!

Please Fix.

Brian

bwtr,

Not sure what the issue is, but here's what I did:

- clicked the link in this thread above that said 'download' (which redirects to: http://www.3d-brush.com/trial.html )

- clicked the big button that says 'download' (which redirects to: http://www.3d-brush.com/login_form.php )

- on that login form I tried my forum password (which didn't work, since I had always downloaded previous .exe's from

direct links from the time I first purchased back in December on version 2.03 *I think*, I hadn't ever setup an

email/password with their trial download access database yet, as it's a fairly recent addition and I could avoid it

with direct downloads of betas)

- since my forum password didn't work with their trial download access database, I registered my email and a 'new' password (which happened to be my same password to login to the forum)

- the registration was successful and I was redirected to another page that allowed me to download the .exe

Pretty straight-forward stuff. And since I've already got a license (again, from December when I purchased) I just

over-wrote the directory I'd originally installed to with the new trial install. After installing there, the program is all

registered and ready to use.

Hope it helps.

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member
bwtr, you can download the 2.06 using direct link:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-06-en.exe

don't worry, if you have some problems with downloading, I will always give you a direct link. Maybe next time I will give the direct link in forum.

I notice that textures are exported for each material in the model now. Im not sure if this is what people want. But when I imported a lwo mesh with materials and exported it out, 3db exported each material into textures. Even those that I didnt touch.

I notice that textures are exported for each material in the model now. Im not sure if this is what people want. But when I imported a lwo mesh with materials and exported it out, 3db exported each material into textures. Even those that I didnt touch.

It was always, not in 2.06. May be I will add something like "Material properties" and you will be able to group materials to export on the same texture.