3DCoat Forums

The 2.07 beta1 is coming.

The most change is fully customable interface. Also I have made many changes in interface to make it more informative and compact. You can see several screenshots below:

Interface1.jpg

Interface2.jpg

Interface3.jpg

Interface4.jpg

Now you can store your interface presets:

Themes.jpg

The other feature - it is possible to smooth uv-set during import the object:

uv_patches_smoothing.jpg

The link:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-07-beta1A-en.exe

I have a question - how do you think - what do you like - light interface or dark? What interface should be default? Now I have set the style like in Windows XP.

• Advanced Member

nice! I've gotten used to the 'darker' previous versions, but the new 'default' upon

install is nice too (mudbox-y)...defaulting to lighter is fine but emphasizing that it's

changeable is probably worth noting somehow (in Manual, on features list, etc.).

Still haven't spent any real time testing yet, but your

most recent changes are very welcome! :)

cheers.

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member

Andrew, again for the "soft stroke" mode, I feel that this mode is not work so well like 2.04,there is no much difference when drawing whether chek in the box "soft stroke" or not,but in 2.04 this mode works well. Is it a bug in 2.05 and above? or it is only my illusion? :)

Also I have made many changes in interface to make it more informative and compact

now we're talkin' , unify the tools! i still don't understand why you won't get rid of the colors in the fill tool, you already have foreground & background colors. think of it this way; does photoshop have a different color set for their fill tool? no, they use the colors already selected. same for material and any other shared settings. also you could move all the RMB layer options to the LAYERS menu in the menu bar, along with the layer settings that are in the COMMANDS menu. ;)

BTW I like the dark one. Thanks for the update.

now we're talkin' , unify the tools! i still don't understand why you won't get rid of the colors in the fill tool, you already have foreground & background colors. think of it this way; does photoshop have a different color set for their fill tool? no, they use the colors already selected. same for material and any other shared settings. also you could move all the RMB layer options to the LAYERS menu in the menu bar, along with the layer settings that are in the COMMANDS menu. ;)

BTW I like the dark one. Thanks for the update.

Yes, you are right, I will get rid it. About layers menu - you are very right, good idea.

Andrew, again for the "soft stroke" mode, I feel that this mode is not work so well like 2.04,there is no much difference when drawing whether chek in the box "soft stroke" or not,but in 2.04 this mode works well. Is it a bug in 2.05 and above? or it is only my illusion? :)

Yes, soft stroke is working now in slightly other way. It is now more rough. Maybe I will add selector: "Sharp stroke/Soft stroke/Very soft stroke" or some kind of slider instead of simple checker. But there is soooo many sliders, so I think drop list is better.

• Advanced Member
Yes, soft stroke is working now in slightly other way. It is now more rough. Maybe I will add selector: "Sharp stroke/Soft stroke/Very soft stroke" or some kind of slider instead of simple checker. But there is soooo many sliders, so I think drop list is better.

I agree there are many sliders, but I personally think having a % control (slider) over how "soft" the stroke can

be would make the option much more of an asset. Right now it still seems a bit rough and it's either

on or off, so more user-control is better IMHO. I just posted a workaround to get somewhat more

control by using a large spacing amount, but the downside with that method is you can't drag outside

the model or you lose your stroke ( http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...entry2299 )

• Advanced Member

Very nice Andy! Though I think you've given too much space around everything and the icons are still about 1.5-2X too big.

But overall I love the style you've come up with. Reminds me a lot of the Modo interface, which I think is really very slick and clean.

interface.gif

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

wow nice new GUI, i like it! I prefer the first one, it looks modern and clean, but I the made the background color darker like in 2.06. Also i like the ability to change the GUI colors now, very cool. Is it possible to change the wireframe color(i don't see it in the option menu), the default is yellow.

And thanks for the UV smoothing feature!! no more distortions for me.

Thanks andrew about the lockable layers.

Could the eraser also be expanded so that you can erase by colour tolerance like you can fill with colour tolerance when using the fill tool?

Could there be an option to erase by material?

Also could there be a fill by face option, to allow filling of individual faces.

Thanks!

Thanks andrew about the lockable layers.

Could the eraser also be expanded so that you can erase by colour tolerance like you can fill with colour tolerance when using the fill tool?

Could there be an option to erase by material?

Also could there be a fill by face option, to allow filling of individual faces.

Thanks!

many interesting and easy-to-implement ideas. will do it soon!

i still think that the "color tolerance", and "layer;material;object" settings for painting should be at top of screen and universal for all tools not just fill. ;)

also when a "material" is selected the "color" should be automatically disabled unless manually turned on by the user.

can someone please voice there opinions on this? http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...p?showtopic=794

If I paint with the mouse I find that with soft stroke ON, it tends to fill the object I'm painting.

Turning the lock ON for the radius seems to change the radius with the distance of the model from the camera at the cursor point.

Also, it would be great if you had it so that you can unwrap UVs on selected faces or to be able to move selected UVs. Thanks!

If I paint with the mouse I find that with soft stroke ON, it tends to fill the object I'm painting.

Turning the lock ON for the radius seems to change the radius with the distance of the model from the camera at the cursor point.

Also, it would be great if you had it so that you can unwrap UVs on selected faces or to be able to move selected UVs. Thanks!

What is "it tends to fill the object I'm painting"?

uv-tweaking is one of the planned features.

What is "it tends to fill the object I'm painting"?

uv-tweaking is one of the planned features.

Good about the UV-tweaking.

re:"it tends to fill the object I'm painting"

If i'm painting with the paint tool using the mouse with 'soft stroke' ON, sometimes the object is filled as if I have used the 'fill flat areas with a material' tool applied to the object.