3DCoat Forums

Sculpt around Object in Voxelmode

Chriscache

• 5 months later...

Hi All!

I´ve a question about sculpting in voxelmode. Hopefully someone can answer me that.

Is it possible to protect an onject while sculpting over/around it, so that the objects wont interleave eachother?

Thanks for answers!

Best wishes,

Chris

First off, you can create a new Voxel volume and put voxels on that without damaging the layer underneath. The Toothpaste tool is useful to get an initial covering that respects the parents surface, though other tools will intersect, even if they are not changing the layer you are painting over..

Or you can use any tool such as sphere, and ignore the fact that the new clay is intersecting with the other volume, then using a copy of the original volume, (right click on the layer in the Voxtree), and create a clone or an instance of it then right click on that & select Subtract From, with the name of the new covering layer as your selection, and it will boolean the new layer to fit the contours of the original layer, deleting itself in the process.

Other than that, I don't know of anything you can do - but then I'm not a 3dc expert, so don't give up.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi All!

I´ve a question about sculpting in voxelmode. Hopefully someone can answer me that.

Is it possible to protect an onject while sculpting over/around it, so that the objects wont interleave eachother?

Thanks for answers!

Best wishes,

Chris

You can hide or cell hide the portion you want to protect using the selection tools in the E-Panel, or switch to Surface mode and use the freeze tool (selection tools work with that as well). Like Photoshop, CTRL+D will deselect and CTRL+SHIFT+I will invert the selection. Once you like your frozen selection, you can use any tool you like. When finished, just deselect.