3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jake_H

SCULPT_FORMS 0.01 -Imperfect monuments to life

Hi

I (think) this fits in the finally finished section:

I am having an exhibition of my digital sculptural works in Brisbane, Australia. The sculptural pieces are displayed via video projection, augmented reality (AR) and rapid prototype prints (RP). Most of the work created was made through a combination of unreleased photogrammetry tools developed at QUT, 3DCoat and ZBrush. Most of the sculpting work was in 3DCoat as I was intentionally working with 'bad data', as incorporating and interpreting digital detritus forms a large part of my artistic practice. The exhibition is part of my final submission for my Research Masters at QUT.

Anyway I thought I would post the flyer for now and as and when have stuff ready for view for the exhibition will post again (gotta update my blog too and finish some of my writing - damn time is running out).

See attached image for my artist statement and more info.

post-1096-0-78700700-1308494596_thumb.jp

Jake

Cheers Folks thanks for the comments

I just wanted to show off one of my 3D Prints for the exhibition (Its printed by Shapeways in the Netherlands).

The piece is titled "Undine 0.01", she will be exhibited as shown lit from within by LED, which should look pretty cool at night and work well with the rest of the show which is all screen based or projections.

Jake

post-1096-0-30156100-1309652301_thumb.jp

Really Interesting Stuff, i like your Models. :)

How big got they been printed for your exhibition?

regards

Markus

Sign in to follow this